Another Noobie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dpj, Jul 21, 2011.

1. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Hey peeps, my name is Darren, i am from Devon in the UK and have been lurking around here for a few weeks. I have just purchased a Oly E-PL1 to replace my old and battered Canon 400D. At the moment i just have the kit lens, but once payday rolls around i will be buying a couple of adaptors for existing lenses and also a C-Mount CCTV lens, probably a 25mm f.14 (?). I am finding the E-PL1 a brilliant little camera and every time i hit a forum i find out another little trick to it, so looking forward to learning loads.

FYI, i shoot mainly BMX and Mountain Bike stuff using a lot of off camera flash. But i have been known to dabble in Portrait stuff too, aswell as the odd landscape shot. I am also looking into getting into video and i think the E-PL1 will be a good way to start.

Feel free to check out my site - DPJ Photography Where you will find some of my photo's and also i have a flickr account Flickr: DPJ Photography's Photostream

Hope i haven't waffled on for too long, thanks for reading, Darren :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi Darren. Good to have you here. Enjoy your new E-PL1!

3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum

Hi Darren,

Nice to have you with us.

Looking forward to seeing some of your MU-43 images.

Cheers from New England..

Alan

4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

5. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome.