Another newbie to the site.

Traceyjj

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tracey
Hi, I'm Tracey from Nottingham in the UK.

I've been into photography since my teens and now I'm, well, much older than I care to admit, although I still feel young (some days). Despite being keen for years, I still feel I have so much to learn, especially now we process our own photos!

First real camera was an Olympus OM10 and used that for years... I've been on the digital wagon since having a Sony Mavica floppy disc camera... upgrading fairly often as pixel counts and technology grew, moving to DSLR with Olympus, moving from Olympus to Nikon when I wanted to grow into full frame.
A few years ago I wanted a lighter, smaller camera to take with me everywhere and especially overseas, so I bought an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II with the pancake 14-42 kit lens... and I love the images that I have taken with it so much that I recently invested in a 12-100 zoom... now I find my Nikon sits in my house more than ever. This little camera has reignited my enthusiasm for photography.

I'm happy to be amongst such a vibrant crowd, I hope to learn plenty, and in time, give back.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Welcome Tracey. Hang around, have some fun, don't take things too seriously, & post up some pickies. The most important bit :)

Andrewmap

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Martin

I've been into photography since my teens and now I'm, well, much older than I care to admit, although I still feel young (some days). Despite being keen for years, I still feel I have so much to learn, especially now we process our own photos!

First real camera was an Olympus OM10 and used that for years... I've been on the digital wagon since having a Sony Mavica floppy disc camera... upgrading fairly often as pixel counts and technology grew, moving to DSLR with Olympus, moving from Olympus to Nikon when I wanted to grow into full frame.
A few years ago I wanted a lighter, smaller camera to take with me everywhere and especially overseas, so I bought an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II with the pancake 14-42 kit lens... and I love the images that I have taken with it so much that I recently invested in a 12-100 zoom... now I find my Nikon sits in my house more than ever. This little camera has reignited my enthusiasm for photography.

I'm happy to be amongst such a vibrant crowd, I hope to learn plenty, and in time, give back.
Welcome Tracey (from an ex-Nottinghamshire resident). As @speedy says have fun, post pics and get involved!:)

Mu-43 Legend
Hi Tracey. Welcome aboard! If you get a chance, please feel free to share some images in our image section. :)

panamike

Mu-43 Legend

Welcome aboard Tracy, not that i know you :biggrin:

Mike G

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike Gorman
I’ll add another welcome to you, this is a very active and lovely forum! We are blessed in the mu43 world with its range of cameras and lenses.

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
I'll add my welcome from DownUnder & someone who could well have ended up living there
Mum and dad ex Nottingham. Actually mum Ruddington.
Interesting reading your narrative.
Many can relate.

Welcome! My first camera was an OM1, so your journey in photography is similar to mine (and others on the forum). MFT is an excellent system, very mature, with excellent lenses and bodies from both Olympus and Panasonic. This is a very supportive forum. Please share your photos (MFT, Nikon, whatever).

Traceyjj

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tracey
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome... I think I will be visiting very regularly, and hopefully posting plenty of photos too :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom