Another New Member

David Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
Hello all, well the new GF1 arrived on my doorstep this morning so i've had an interesting day so far getting to grips with it. Up to now i've been a point and shoot guy and this is my first serious camera so I'm sure i'll have a few questions in the coming weeks. Anyway this is my first attempt, steep learning curve here i come!!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_stringer/4332702804/" title="Swords by Dave Stringer, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="726" alt="Swords" /></a>

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Wow, David - that is outstanding! and welcome to the home of m4/3rds... with talent like that, I know that you're going to feel right at home :hail:

Cheers

Brian

hodad66

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Welcome to the forum, David. Great to start off with a wonderful photograph :bravo-009:

Might want to check out the Contests tab at the top :smile:.

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
Pretty spot on that image! nice B&W, well done!

Did you post process it or is that straight out the camera? If so what setting did you use?

I have had a Canon 450d and 40d and the GF1 is my fave out the 3.

David Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
Pretty spot on that image! nice B&W, well done!

Did you post process it or is that straight out the camera? If so what setting did you use?

I have had a Canon 450d and 40d and the GF1 is my fave out the 3.
Hi Andy,

The only post processing was a slight contrast adjustment in Photoshop and then the B&W conversion through Nik Silver Efex Pro

Settings were f1.7 1/30 ISO 200

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
I had a look at Nik silver Efex pro and it does look very very good but BOY is it expensive!!! I have lightroom 2.5 which has loads of presets that i downloaded of the net which gives me a good starting point and i go from there.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom