Another new fan of Oly 45/1.8 [img]

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by phdezra, Apr 5, 2012.

1. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Got my hands on the delicious Oly 45/1.8, slapped it on my E-P3 and headed home. Lo and behold, on my train ride home I saw an older woman seated on the train, looking off into nowhere land... contemplating the meaning of life? One snap was all it took to get the 'look' she portrayed. The character in her face could tell many tales. Anyway, another thumbs up for this lens! :) :2thumbs:

The lens focuses lightning fast (on my E-P3), available light on train (obviously). This woman's heavy over-makeuped face looks precisely as it was in person. Almost cartoonish, but lifelike. Love the lens already.

(Image resized for web; no post-processing.)

6902979002_e1e4377b07_b.

• Like Like x 1
  2. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Here's another shot with the E-P3, Oly 45/1.8 that i took a few moments before the makeup lady on the train. Pretty Asian woman outside an office building near Grand Central in Manhattan. Note the wisp of smoke... lovely lens...

7049113417_831c3e327d_b.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wow

Wow Welcome to the Club .
    This little lens is a gem and the best MFT native prime . I am in love with it and there is something unique which makes this lens my favourite . People say its not a perfect lens for street photography but my point is if u are shooting people then it is the best choice because I dont intrude into someone's privacy and still can get quite close . This lens is very sharp and renders colours beautifully .
    Thanks for sharing those pics..they look so beautiful.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    This lens is magnificent. Period. Without pixel peeping, I believe that poor images are the result of the user, not the lens. (In general.) I think the lens will be even more wonderful on the new OM-D E-M5 I have on order. :rolleyes:

Well, in general, when I was younger and doing more street photography, I found 35mm to 50mm to be the sweet spot. However, there is a distinct advantage to using something with longer reach. It also adds to the 'challenge'. I have the PL 25/1.4 as well, so I will alternate in my street photography walkabouts with either lens.

Yes, indeed. Sharp lens, *superb* colours. Mind you, I was just trying it out quickly today so I slapped it on in P mode with very, very little fiddling about. Dream lens. :smile:

5. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed..it's truly a stellar lens. I've owned a LOT of lenses (not sure of the exact count, but I'm sure it's over 50), and the Oly 45/1.8 is easily in the top 5 of lenses I've owned. It's really up there with some of the L primes from Canon (I was a Canon shooter prior to moving to m4/3) in pure image quality...and I've owned the Canon Holy Trinity (35L, 85L, 135L, as well as the 100L Macro).

6. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Impressive statement. I have not owned *that* many lenses to compare in relative terms, but on an absolute basis, it's creamy dreamy.

I can only imagine this little gem in the hands of a better photographer. :thumbup:

7. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I received the 45mm lens last week but still waiting for the E-M5. Today I went to a camera store to play around and used my 45mm on the E-P3, the AF was lightning fast! Definite keeper =]

8. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Yes, indeedy. Reminds me exactly of the speed of my Canon D60 from 2002 with my Canon 85/1.8. Wicked good and fast.