1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another, My first images with the oly. 45mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by monchan, Aug 9, 2012.

1. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    Taken with my om-d, first few shots taken with the new lens.
    mostly my twins. The lady in orange was at a bbq restuarant, I tried to get one while she was working and as soon as she saw the camera fingers went up "cheese" thats japanese for you. and a couple of my cats. one was hidden in my bag before I left for work.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Good onya for getting this lens, for the price it produces amazing images. Looks like it missed focus on pictures 1 & 3. In time you'll learn when the lens is focused properly, as it does have a few quirks every now and then.

I like your choice in cats, they look very comfortable.

And the b&w of your child is superb...

3. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    Yeah the b+w one is my favourite to date.
    Yeah the cats were both kittens that I rescued.
    the cat in pic #one was being attacked by a crow when I found
    her, she would have just opened her eyes, couldn`t walk. must have crawled
    away from its mum. now she loves getting into places she shouldn`t and wont leave my side if I`m around. the other cat under the car just thinks he`s the king.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1 - Completely agree. Some very nice shots. Sadly, you do have to check focus on this lens to make sure it locked on the right spot.

5. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Did you break into my house just to take pictures of my cat?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great pics, btw, I especially like the pic with the flames. I'm jealous of the 45mm. Really wish I could get one...

6. metalbernd

metalbernd Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2012
    Holland
    Wow, nice pictures, my favorite is number 3! This 45mm suprises my all the time, very nice pice of glass.

7. Donsantos

Donsantos Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2012
    Most of these seem out of focus to me. Or maybe the lens just looks soft and not contrasty

8. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    My wife just saw the pics of your cat, she thought it was ours.

Yeah a lot are out of focus?? at the time of shooting they looked great in the evf. but the end results weren`t great??

here`s one I took at the beach yesterday cropped for composure.
    P8100154.
    E-M5    OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8    45mm    f/1.8    1/4000s    ISO 200

9. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    enjoy it. Ever since I bought the 45mm 1.8. it is on my camera 95% of the time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.