Another light field camera, like Lytro, but in a cell phone.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by lenshoarder, Jul 12, 2013.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    A Lytro is really just a focus stacking machine which combines 11 different exposures. This one just uses 2, which is a lot less useful since you still have to focus the shot. Both suffer from the same issues all small sensor cameras have: poor dynamic range and low light performance.

"Light field" is a marketing term for something photographers have been doing manually for years. It's not magic. It's not going to replace your camera. Which isn't to say it's not a bad idea...personally I'd love it if my camera had an option to automatically rack through the entire focus range and create a stacked image from it (with adjustable focus). However, I'm not willing to trade back the gains I made by moving up to ILCs in exchange for not worrying about focus (which is usually the least of my problems).
  3. marrkede

marrkede New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2013
    New York
    I do not have any idea about Lytro before this thread. Now I will surely think about it.From this sharing it seems to be a good for good quality photography with some good graphic features.

Brochures, Newsletters & Annual Reports