Another light field camera, like Lytro, but in a cell phone.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by lenshoarder, Jul 12, 2013.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    A Lytro is really just a focus stacking machine which combines 11 different exposures. This one just uses 2, which is a lot less useful since you still have to focus the shot. Both suffer from the same issues all small sensor cameras have: poor dynamic range and low light performance.

"Light field" is a marketing term for something photographers have been doing manually for years. It's not magic. It's not going to replace your camera. Which isn't to say it's not a bad idea...personally I'd love it if my camera had an option to automatically rack through the entire focus range and create a stacked image from it (with adjustable focus). However, I'm not willing to trade back the gains I made by moving up to ILCs in exchange for not worrying about focus (which is usually the least of my problems).

3. marrkede

marrkede New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2013
    New York
    I do not have any idea about Lytro before this thread. Now I will surely think about it.From this sharing it seems to be a good for good quality photography with some good graphic features.

Brochures, Newsletters & Annual Reports

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.