Another Kit Decision

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Muntjack, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Just sold my E-P2 kit and have £££s to spend. Originally it was to fund my E-M5 but that all in the past isn't it!

I currently use both my Leica branded prime lenses almost exclusively. In particular the 25mm is my absolute favourite.

My 45-200 is available for those occasions like zoos etc so is a keeper for the time being at least.

The 9-18 is obviously a good walk-around lens for cities etc but frankly almost never gets used and doesn't excite me like the primes.

I am mulling these three possibilities at the moment:-

1. Sell the 9-18 and replace with a nice black 12mm prime.
    2. Sell the 9-18 and replace with the 12-35mm weatherproof zoom.
    3. Keep the 9-18 and get a powerful wifi flash. (Not to be used often as I shoot available light mostly).

Any comments would be appreciated. Please assume finance is not a real issue as I can easily hide the expense from my spouse. :rolleyes: 

M

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I think the 12-35/2.8 would be a good complement for your 45-200. I guess the 12/2 would complete your prime set, but personally I don't see the point of wide primes unless size is a huge concern. The zoom is as good as the prime optically, only 1-stop slower, and provides a very useful range. Plus it's weather-sealed...

DH

3. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Thanks for that. I am definitely leaning in that direction.

An all weather kit is very appealing.

M

4. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I am just jealous! :) 

5. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Surely you have something to sell?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.