Another Kit Decision

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Muntjack, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Just sold my E-P2 kit and have £££s to spend. Originally it was to fund my E-M5 but that all in the past isn't it!

I currently use both my Leica branded prime lenses almost exclusively. In particular the 25mm is my absolute favourite.

My 45-200 is available for those occasions like zoos etc so is a keeper for the time being at least.

The 9-18 is obviously a good walk-around lens for cities etc but frankly almost never gets used and doesn't excite me like the primes.

I am mulling these three possibilities at the moment:-

1. Sell the 9-18 and replace with a nice black 12mm prime.
    2. Sell the 9-18 and replace with the 12-35mm weatherproof zoom.
    3. Keep the 9-18 and get a powerful wifi flash. (Not to be used often as I shoot available light mostly).

Any comments would be appreciated. Please assume finance is not a real issue as I can easily hide the expense from my spouse. :rolleyes:

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I think the 12-35/2.8 would be a good complement for your 45-200. I guess the 12/2 would complete your prime set, but personally I don't see the point of wide primes unless size is a huge concern. The zoom is as good as the prime optically, only 1-stop slower, and provides a very useful range. Plus it's weather-sealed...

3. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Thanks for that. I am definitely leaning in that direction.

An all weather kit is very appealing.

4. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I am just jealous! :)
  5. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Surely you have something to sell?