Another IR shot

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Whaddya think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
Astounding shot - trees look so great in the winter ;-)

Wouldn't mind a quick summary of the gear (esp the nm of the IR filter and whether you use a modified m43 ?) and what kind of PP (if any) you apply ?

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Astounding shot - trees look so great in the winter ;-)

Wouldn't mind a quick summary of the gear (esp the nm of the IR filter and whether you use a modified m43 ?) and what kind of PP (if any) you apply ?
Glad you like it, I used an un-modified GF1 with the 14-45mm lens, fitted with a 720nm filter. Post processing in Lightroom 3 using the Selenium Tone preset.

I like it! FWIW, I'd straighten the horizon and crop to just past the edge of the large tree on the left.
Thanks, the park is on a slope and straightening the horizon gives the picture as serious case of 'the leans'

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Do you have the exposure information? ISO setting and shutter speed?

I know there is IR leakage on the EP2 from looking at the Wii LED bar. I have not put a visible cut filter. I do keep the IR filters on some of the lenses for the EP2, easy to switch from it to the M8.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Glad you like it, I used an un-modified GF1 with the 14-45mm lens, fitted with a 720nm filter. Post processing in Lightroom 3 using the Selenium Tone preset.

Thanks, the park is on a slope and straightening the horizon gives the picture as serious case of 'the leans'
That is great news, then I can also do IR (can't afford a 2nd camera for IR only)!!!

How about taking shot of comparable scene with and without IR filter and post just out of camera results?
- It you use tripod then you might even be able to do some tricks with partly combining the shots

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II seems to be able to do IR right out of the box, without mods, unlike my E-3, which just shoots a black frame.

This was with a Wratten #87 filter, hand-held tight to the front of the lens. This is soft and fuzzy because I was using a cheap focal reducer wide open. I look forward to playing with it on quality lenses.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, OM Zuiko 55mm ƒ1.2 with cheap Amazon focal reducer (equiv 38mm ƒ0.84), ISO 1250, 1/100, Wratten #87 gel filter hand-held in front of lens.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom