Another IR shot

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Glenn S, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Whaddya think?

• Like Like x 5
  2. I like it! FWIW, I'd straighten the horizon and crop to just past the edge of the large tree on the left.
  3. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Astounding shot - trees look so great in the winter ;-)

Wouldn't mind a quick summary of the gear (esp the nm of the IR filter and whether you use a modified m43 ?) and what kind of PP (if any) you apply ?
  4. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Glad you like it, I used an un-modified GF1 with the 14-45mm lens, fitted with a 720nm filter. Post processing in Lightroom 3 using the Selenium Tone preset.

Thanks, the park is on a slope and straightening the horizon gives the picture as serious case of 'the leans'
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Do you have the exposure information? ISO setting and shutter speed?

I know there is IR leakage on the EP2 from looking at the Wii LED bar. I have not put a visible cut filter. I do keep the IR filters on some of the lenses for the EP2, easy to switch from it to the M8.
  6. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    It was shot at ISO 400 f10 and a 2 second exposure, it was into the sun, so was quite bright
  7. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    That is great news, then I can also do IR (can't afford a 2nd camera for IR only)!!!

How about taking shot of comparable scene with and without IR filter and post just out of camera results?
    - It you use tripod then you might even be able to do some tricks with partly combining the shots
  8. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    That looks really sweet. Eventually I'll have to try it too.