1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Another hello from Spain

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by angloasturian, Apr 3, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

My name is Colin and I have been living in this paradise on the north coast of Spain called Asturias for the last 41 years (hence my signature). I came as a teacher, fell in love immediately and will not leave until, as I tell my friends, I go ‘feet first’.
    Let me just say that I’m not a M43 user yet. I’ve just bought an E-PL1 and have received an e-mail to tell me it’s on its way. I’m really excited at the prospect because I have a lot of legacy lenses I want to try on it (see below).
    A ‘brief’ biography (please skip it if you wish). I have been an amateur photographer since I was a teenager, starting with my Dad’s Iloca, then a Zenith and finally a second-hand OM 1 I bought with some money my Gran left me.
    Once in Spain I started to develop and print my own B/W, but mainly used slides for holiday trips (Austria, Hungary, Egypt, Thailand). I still have all the equipment but the appearance of digital cameras has made me very lazy – so now if I shoot film I just develop it and scan it into my PC.
    I still have an OM1, OM10 and OM4.
    I also have a Voigtlander Bessa R, Bessa L and Bessa T (the 101 anniversary edition with the famous 50mm f3.5 Heliar). Also a Contax T2.
    To start in digital I bought a Nikon Coolpix 2000, then a second-hand Olympus E-300 with the 14-45 kit lens and later acquired the 40-150. This was about 2 years ago. Since then I’ve gone mad and bought all sorts of weird stuff – and forums (fora?) like yours are to blame!
    How about this: Sigma 600mm catadioptric (1200 on my E-300)
    Makinon 300mm catadioptric
    Konica AR 40mm/1.8 (which I adapted to 4/3)
    Vivitar 19mm (Nikon mount with 4/3 adaptor)
    Vivitar 24mm (ditto).Both cost me 40€!
    Pentax 110 24mm (bought a 110 camara with this lens for 10 GBP and cannibalized it - incredibly small - I’m going to try to mount it on my EPL1 by trying to fix it on the body cap).
    These lenses came with the cameras:
    OM System
    Olympus 50mm/1.8
    Olympus 28mm/3.5
    Olympus 135mm/3.5
    Olympus 28-48mm
    Olympus 35-70mm
    Leica M39 screw
    Voigtlander 25mm/4
    Voigtlander 35mm/2.5
    Voigtlander 50mm/2.5 Color Skopar
    Voigtlander 50mm/3.5 Heliar
    Ernst Leitz Wetzlar 90mm/4

So, as you can see, I’m going to have quite an interesting time fooling around with all the combinations. I’m especially looking forward to seeing, and using, the E-PL1 with the VC 25mm – the perfect street camera?
    I hope the ‘Adapted Lenses’ thread is still going when I get all my stuff together (my adaptors are coming on ‘a slow boat from China’. Actually that’s not fair – the last lot didn’t take ages to arrive.).
    Well, many thanks for wading through all this (if you managed it). I’m looking forward to showing you where I live as most people don’t imagine Spain as green and mountainous – imagine Switzerland with a coastline like Cornwall. I may even start a ‘Where I live’ thread – although it’s probably been done.
    Absolutely delighted to form part of this ‘family’.

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Colin and welcome, rather envious of your collection of legacy lenses. I'm building up a collection, mainly Voigtlander screw type and am very pleased with the results so far, hopefully be even more pleased when the rain stops. I hope you enjoy yours when your adapters arrive.

Barrie

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Colin and thank you for your introduction - lens and cameras, included. I can't wait to see photographs of where you live - "Switzerland with a coastline like Cornwall"!:biggrin:

I think you'll love your new E=PL1.

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Colin ! Congrats on your new camera !

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Colin, please do make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome to the forum your lenses are great , and when i comes to the wonderful pentax 110 lenses ,whose image circle is correct , more or less for M4\3 we do think alike 1

ive adapted 4 auto 110 lenses with bodycaps mounts

the incredibly tiny 24 , the size of a bottle cap the wonderful wide 18 and the sharp 50

and another 50 with a permanent leica extension ring for quick macro

hope to read your exploits here
    as you adapt that wonderful collection and more

here is a description of the process i used
    http://e-p1.net/index.php?topic=676.0

8. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!