Another greeting from another Aussies :)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by thelaxong, Jan 13, 2011.

1. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Hi All,

Just got myself the EPL1 so I join this forum to gather some tips & tricks.

Greeting from wet wet wet Australia. Melbourne is in its fifth days of rain. No joy for amateur photographers :(

• Like Like x 4
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Welcome from someone in the south west of the UK where we have much the same, overcast, low cloud, hill mist and rain, rain and more rain, but then it is our winter and more typical of this time of the year, and thankfully no devastating floods to put up with.

Lets hope for better "photography weather" soon, then you'll be able to put your new camera to the test, hope you enjoy the experience.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome, and Hello from Scotland. Congratulations on your nice new camera.

No weather for photography here either!

All the best,

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

thelaxong, welcome aboard and congrats on your E-PL1! If we had a database showing where our members hailed from, I think Australia would be right up there at the top.:biggrin:

I am sorry about the terrible flooding that is going on in parts of your country. A fellow member, Brady, has been keeping us up-to-date here in case you haven't seen the thread.

Perhaps you can put a plastic bag around the camera and get outside to take a few pictures or, consider getting involved in Streetshooter's latest Image Quest: In The House:2thumbs:

Glad to have you here!
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wecome and we are quite a few here who are quite active . U will love this cute litte camera and It has one of the best JPEG engines in MFT world. Hope to see some images from u soon .
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome - we had snow the last two days!
  7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It's funny how we're commenting on a thread that's over a year old!:)
  8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I think we're time travelling...
  9. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Too far away?

Hi Icon, perhaps we're getting involved now because we're so far away from the rest of the world! Anyway it's always good to hear from you, Lucky Penguin, and any other Aussie poster.
    • Like Like x 1