1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another from Texas

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by wclavey, Sep 27, 2012.

1. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Westley
    Another new voice from Texas...

I am a current 4/3s user who converted a few years ago to digital after 40+ years of film shooting, mostly medium and large format. I greatly enjoy using the Olympus DSLRs and I'm looking at m4/3s to extend the useful life of my lens kit, since I think the future of the standard 4/3s line is limited, even if there is a new E-7 at some point in the near future. My analysis says to me that I can get what I need in a body from the OM-D E-M5, and I am preparing to move down that path.

I've been lurking about for the past week or so, spending a lot of time especially in the B&W image threads, since 90% of what I shoot is converted to B&W. And I'm looking forward to learning from all of you about your experiences in m4/3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcomed to the forum! I understand that 4/3 lenses can be a bit slow to focus when adapted to :43:, but for most work it shouldn't be a problem. Lots of good info here on the site. :cool: 

3. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Westley
    That's what I hear. But most of my subjects are landscapes, decaying architecture, archaeological sites, etc. and they haven't moved in 300+ years... and the 2 Nikkor PC lenses are my most commonly used and they are manual focus and live view with a tripod... so I think that the slowness of the AF will probably not be a problem. I'll keep the E-30 for use on the 14-54mm as my "tourist" camera - - I'm really interested in the E-M5 for use in my B&W artistical stuff, where I feel I'm pushing the limits of the E-30 image. Maybe I'll add a m4/3s small zoom or prime for walking around... but that would be way down the list.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.