1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Another from Texas

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by wclavey, Sep 27, 2012.

1. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Westley
    Another new voice from Texas...

I am a current 4/3s user who converted a few years ago to digital after 40+ years of film shooting, mostly medium and large format. I greatly enjoy using the Olympus DSLRs and I'm looking at m4/3s to extend the useful life of my lens kit, since I think the future of the standard 4/3s line is limited, even if there is a new E-7 at some point in the near future. My analysis says to me that I can get what I need in a body from the OM-D E-M5, and I am preparing to move down that path.

I've been lurking about for the past week or so, spending a lot of time especially in the B&W image threads, since 90% of what I shoot is converted to B&W. And I'm looking forward to learning from all of you about your experiences in m4/3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcomed to the forum! I understand that 4/3 lenses can be a bit slow to focus when adapted to :43:, but for most work it shouldn't be a problem. Lots of good info here on the site. :cool:

3. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Westley
    That's what I hear. But most of my subjects are landscapes, decaying architecture, archaeological sites, etc. and they haven't moved in 300+ years... and the 2 Nikkor PC lenses are my most commonly used and they are manual focus and live view with a tripod... so I think that the slowness of the AF will probably not be a problem. I'll keep the E-30 for use on the 14-54mm as my "tourist" camera - - I'm really interested in the E-M5 for use in my B&W artistical stuff, where I feel I'm pushing the limits of the E-30 image. Maybe I'll add a m4/3s small zoom or prime for walking around... but that would be way down the list.

• Like Like x 2