another from Oregon

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jimr.pdx, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    Jim from Portland (PDX in weather/airport terminology). I've been using SLRs since the mid-70s Praktica SuperTL, then Pentax through 2000. I dabbled in smaller cams, then digital; needed the big sensor though, so picked up a Sony A200 (would have gone with an E500 if it had IS; the 510 wasn't suitable). A few months back I picked up a K-7 online, but recently grabbed a G1 from Amazon's Warehouse (returned therefore 'used'). Looks new to me, and a fine shade of blue :rolleyes:

Rather than retype or copy/paste, my most recent update is at Simply put, the G1 has better IS and can clean up at iso2000 better than the K-7. Impressive! :cool: For now it's the 14-45 Lumix lens and a PK adaptor for my Rikenon and Vivitar lenses.. maybe I'll break out the 800g Sakar 28-200 for fun :eek:! Some day I'll pick up a 40-150 Oly or an OIS 45-200.

Recent years of images at (can't get rid of the Alpha moniker over there!) and blogstuff at
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Jim, thanks so much for your intro and congratulations on your G1! I think you'll find a great many kindred spirits here in the Adapted Lenses forum.:biggrin:

I hope you'll post some of your photographs here when you have the time. :thumbup:

Be sure to check out our Links section for member's links and recommended sites, as well. You're also welcome to post your links in your signature line via the User Control Panel, as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Jim, and hello from Scotland :) I have a G1 and love it. I'm using the Panasonic kit lens, and the Oly f2.8, 17mm. A big part of the fun is legacy lenses. I'm using OM and FD.

All the best,

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jim - loved my G1 - love the GH1 even more.
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Jim, plse take a seat at this forum !