1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

another e-pm1 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by cat_monkey, Jan 7, 2012.

1. cat_monkey

cat_monkey New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2012
    hi all, have been looking through this website for the pasts couple of days to see what i should get.. finally settled on the olympus e-pm1 mini. love it at the moment. I'm going travelling next month so I wanted something in between my snap and shoot and dSLR.

I'm looking around for tips on how to navigate the complex menu.. knew i was going into that when bought it, just now trying to figure it out :)

2. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Welcome Cat Monkey,

I have recently purchased an EPM1 and consider it to be a great little camera for what it can do. There are many threads here as well as a great user review by WT21 on this camera. If you dig into the menus and activate the SCP (super control panel) and follow the other settings for customised buttons as per WT21's set up, then you will have a great camera.

I mostly use mine in A mode and there is ample ability to access all required settings via the customised set up or via the SCP.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Activating the SCP is crucial. I can do it by "feel" but I don't have all the steps in my head. Google "activate SCP Olympus" and you can easily find the directions.

Happy shooting!

4. cat_monkey

cat_monkey New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks so much for that. I read wt21's review before.. must reread it again now I have the baby.. one of the things that persuaded me.. just a shame I couldn't get it in white.