Another E-PL2 Review

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Djarum, Feb 3, 2011.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Jason! I've just finished reading Steve Huff's review and thought it was quite interesting. Having owned both the E-P2 and E-PL1, I found it interesting to read what he had to say about the "dozen" improvements. I also enjoyed his foray into the land of the NEX, the Leica X1 and the upcoming Fuji X100.

The E-PL2 sounds like a very well thought out version of the Olympus PEN. I'm also hearing that the new "kit lens" is very good, as Steve Huff mentions.

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I see you moved the thread.

I wonder if we need a "Reviews" forum? Maybe a sticky thread as new products come out with links for all the reviews to them?

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    That was a good review but I wish he'd kept off his toy lens and grainy B&W artfilter : way too personal and not applicable to a load of potential buyers.

4. billzilla

billzilla Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    Maybe I'm being harsh, but I get a headache trying read this guy's awful writing - and I thought his E-PL1 review was far off the mark. Opinion is one thing, but he makes sweeping statements that simply aren't borne out by reality. His photos, as Ulfric says, are very gimmicky.

It's like some bored Wal-Mart shopper type decided he could write a camera blog.