Another darn n00b - Greetings from Syracuse NY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by NathanADK, Nov 5, 2014.

1. NathanADK

NathanADK New to Mu-43

Nov 5, 2014
    Syracuse, NY
    My name is Nathan; Im 32 and from Syracuse, NY. I recently sold out of my dSLR (T4i). So, Im in the market for an EP-5 and interested in learning all about MFT. I do have some vintage glass and Im interested to see what I can come up with.

Outside of photography; Im into lots of mechanical things (wristwatches, vintage guns, cars). I work for a company that designs custom gearboxes and transfercases. I help our high-performance customers spec out a custom gearbox (manual transmission) for their car. Everything from vintage roadracing, hill climbs, drag racing, land speed racing to your every day hot rods. Outside of motorsports, I grew up on a farm and love being outdoors. I have a cabin on 150 acres in the Adirondacks as well.

I realized that most of my pictures are static displayed cars, almost never on track during events; or landscape shots. I think this platform will suit me well as Im just plain tired of lugging a T4i and all the gear. I found I often missed a good shot because I had left the Canon behind, and the Galaxy cellphone just wasn't up to task.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum!
  3. bbrat

bbrat New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2014
    Massachusetts, USA
    I am new as well, so welcome!
  4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Welcome Nathan. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. :thumbup:
  5. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Hey, I lived in Syracuse once... lot's of snow.

6. Lionroar

Lionroar Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2014
    Congrats on the almost-purchase of your new camera! I hope you enjoy it. I love my E-P5.