1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another battery question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wayne, Sep 9, 2012.

1. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    As anyone had any luck finding any aftermarket batteries that will charge in a OEM charger?

2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    I suppose it may be difficult for aftermarket makers to introduce something like this at a sensible pricepoint. OTOH, the opposite (aftermarket chargers able to charge the OEM battery) is common. You don't nessecerily have to carry around two different chargers.

3. byron2112

byron2112 Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2011
    I dunno what model camera your looking for, but I bought a couplea GX1/G3 batteries from this place Batteries and Battery Chargers - Laptop Batteries, Digital Camera Batteries, Camcorder Batteries, Data Cables, Power Adapters - BestBatt.com based on some threads I read here.

The batteries charge in the factory chargers... which is nice since I didn't want to have to juggle different chargers... and charge level appears to communicate with the camera... I haven't run one outta juice yet, but this was another advantage of this brand that I had read about.

They are about twice as expensive as the cheapest aftermarkets I found on Ebay/Amazon... two batteries cost around $30 shipped... shipping was really fast too.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    I guess it would have helped if I told you I was looking for an extra battery for my OMD. Sorry about that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.