Another battery question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wayne, Sep 9, 2012.

1. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    As anyone had any luck finding any aftermarket batteries that will charge in a OEM charger?
  2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    I suppose it may be difficult for aftermarket makers to introduce something like this at a sensible pricepoint. OTOH, the opposite (aftermarket chargers able to charge the OEM battery) is common. You don't nessecerily have to carry around two different chargers.
  3. byron2112

byron2112 Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2011
    I dunno what model camera your looking for, but I bought a couplea GX1/G3 batteries from this place Batteries and Battery Chargers - Laptop Batteries, Digital Camera Batteries, Camcorder Batteries, Data Cables, Power Adapters - based on some threads I read here.

The batteries charge in the factory chargers... which is nice since I didn't want to have to juggle different chargers... and charge level appears to communicate with the camera... I haven't run one outta juice yet, but this was another advantage of this brand that I had read about.

They are about twice as expensive as the cheapest aftermarkets I found on Ebay/Amazon... two batteries cost around $30 shipped... shipping was really fast too.

Hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    I guess it would have helped if I told you I was looking for an extra battery for my OMD. Sorry about that.