Another bag question...

JYPfoto

Mu-43 Veteran
My local-ish camera store has most of the mountain series backpacks and the Millar packs in stock. F-stops stock situation for direct sales is. It great from what I've seen...

Yeah the rep that I've been communicating with tells me it's a inventory issue and they've been working on getting a stock rebalance, it seems like Europe has all the bags. In the US, they're either not popular enough to get it, or are super slow to shift inventory stock. Trying to get inventory rebalanced shouldn't take 2+ months, but maybe that's just my thinking.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I think I'm 'seeing' camera bags before my eyes, having looked at so many.
I think my short list is tending towards the Tenba Mini Messenger and Think Tank Retro 7.

One negative I've read about the TTR7 is the lack of padding. Regarding the Tenba mini, I'm not sure whether it's any better. One report on the mini said it had a removable inner sleeve like the large version, but I've read other reports saying the mini is fixed; only the small and large have removable inner sleeves as a complete entity.

Padding is important to my needs, can anyone comment regarding the level offered with the mini version.
Thanks very much.

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Right, the Mini Messenger bag doesn't have the removable insert of the larger versions. However it does have very good padding.

EDIT to provide more detail: The padding is probably the 1/4" closed cell foam type, which I find to be a perfect balance for this bag. Any less probably wouldn't be substantial enough. Anymore would be bulky and overkill.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Many thanks mrjr.
I like the words I'm 'hearing' there, it's all too easy to bump the bag against something solid whilst walking here and there, so confirmation about the padding is good.

Dimension wise, I think I should be able to fit my two cameras with lenses attached, plus a lens or possibly two.

Latest threads

Top Bottom