Another 20% Outlet Sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by steve16823, Apr 14, 2016.

1. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Code Word: SHOWERS

Outlet Store | Olympus

I managed to score a 75mm, finally. I didn't even stop to think when I saw the e-mail from Olympus -- just click, click, click and BUY. Unfortunately my local sales tax (10%) eats away almost half of the savings. Now i'll have to figure out whether this lens is really worth $500 to me.

2. kxchan427

kxchan427 Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Kevin
    The lenses go by quick! I got the email 18 minutes ago and they're pretty much all gone

• Like Like x 1
  3. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    The 75 1.8 is an amazing lens for outdoor portraits. I'll bet that, once you get used to the focal length, you'll love it.

4. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    Ugh, nothing left. I'm not sure what bother's me more; the fact that they're out of stock of pretty much everything or that Olympus continues to show products that are out of stock making me click 3 times to figure that out. :dash2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yup, the 75mm and a few other good lenses were there when I first checked a few hours ago. Now, most are gone. I held off: I'm looking for the 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO.

6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

They weren't in stock before.

7. esnift

esnift Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Dan
    I had to buy a 25mm. Darn you Olympus, I've got to unsubscribe :confused:

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Man, I was on a plane when the email was sent! Darn you Olympus! Lol

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    We need a sympathy rating.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Totally worth it. One of the best lenses in the entire MU43 lineup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Their website is extremely primitive. Bookmark the lens you are interested in and check back frequently.

12. DaveInPA

DaveInPA Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    Dave
    I was able to pick up the Fisheye Tough Pack for my TG-4 which I've been wanting to pick up. I should have it just in time for my trip to Florida.

13. tkbslc

You just dumped m4/3 didn't you? :)

14. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    I had to return a refurb 25mm several weeks ago...it was one if the worst decentered copies of this lens I've tried (and there are a lot of them out there). There is no refurbishing/reconditioning being done on these products - the returns go to a warehouse in Texas that contracts with Olympus somewhere in the northeast. The last refurb lens I bought (75mm) also had what looked like mold growing in the lens, so had to return that as well. Now they tell you that it takes up to 25 business days to refund you once the TX warehouse logs the return as received, which is nuts.

Anyway, I've had my hits and misses with Oly refurbs, but the hits were from products that were basically new products sold as refurbs, and the duds were obvious defective products with no attempt made at refurbishing them. No middle ground.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Naw, I'm still here. M43 is like a girlfriend I can't seem to break up with! Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Oh, I'm pretty sure I'll love the lens. It's the $500 out of my wallet that stings just a little bit :) Especially in the middle of an adventure in orthodontics with my son. But it should hold most of that value on the used market for some time to come (that's what i'm going to tell my wife). Plus it's my birthday in less than two weeks, sooooo..... shall I go on rationalizing?

P.S. The lens shipped last evening, it should be here Monday. Hoping it is a like-new demo sample and not a defective one like some others have seen. I have had really good luck with Olympus refurbs in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Yes, I've seen reports of that as well. Some people get what look like brand-new cameras, and others get cameras that have dirty sensors, skipping rear dials, etc.

I was very fortunate with the E-M1 I recently acquired that it appears to be a brand-new camera that I managed to get at a steal of a price. I've read reports from others who haven't been so lucky.

Like you said, there is no refurbishing taking place with these items, so it's a complete crapshoot as far as what you'll actually get.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tkbslc

When I was using Canon, I would swear their refurb stuff was more reliable than brand new. You could tell everything that got shipped out had been inspected. They even started giving the standard 1 year warranty on refurbs, too. Disappointing to hear that Olympus does not operate that way, too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I think it used to be that way. Only VERY recently have I heard any negative things about Olympus Refurbs. Maybe they have some personnel issues, or they have changed their operating procedures.

20. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I bought a 25mm on the previous reconditioned sale and it arrived DOA. But, instead of returning it, I sent it to Olympus for repair and it came back fine. It is the only reconditioned product I've bought that failed me.