1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anomaly or what.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dave in Wales, May 18, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
  2. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    It doesn't look like flare.

The only things I can think of are soap bubbles if there are any children out of view, or depending on where on the Welsh coast the shot was taken it could be Rover http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_(The_Prisoner)

3. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    You don't say what the shutter speed was. I can only say that if the shutter speed wasn't fast enough to freeze bird motion it may actually be birds. I've got some shots where I've captured birds in flight at quite low shutter speeds, under 1/100 sec, and the birds look nothing like birds. In fact it took me several minutes looking at the image to decide that the objects actually were birds the first time I noticed them in an image because I hadn't noticed them at the time I took the shot since I was too intent on first getting the exposure right (early morning around sunrise with some strong lighting contrasts and I wanted to keep detail in the clouds) and then getting the framing and focus right. It's very easy not to notice birds in flight if you're intent on other aspects of the scene.

4. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Uh Oh! They're back with those darned probes again! Do me a favor and use either the 'heal' or 'clone' tools to get rid of them. I'm thinking if we refuse to acknowledge their presence, they'll just go away!