1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anomalous Gallery behaviour with Opera browser

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by pdh, Aug 12, 2010.

1. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    One for Amin:

Using Opera browser (10.60) on Windows XP Home SP3.

Looking at members galleries
    - move mouse over the main image,
    - image blanks out
    - move mouse over blank border, image comes back

This only seems to occur with images larger than 1024x768

If I try this with Firefox 3, I get a magnifier "floating" on the image.

Dunno what this is about - does PhotoPost use some scripting that Opera doesn't support maybe?

2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I reported this to PhotoPost aand to Opera, and have had the following reply from PhotoPost

> Hello
    >
    > Thank You for your report. I can see if there is a resolution however this deals with third party **** script called tjpzoom and as such the issue is mainly out of our control. We do include some **** and flash applications to add certain functionality but since we do not directly manufacturer that code the company that makes the software would resolve any software. We simply put on off switches in our admin panel so if a customer finds that a particular **** app might not work for all users they can turn that feature on or off.
    >
    > This might help though by updating your ****
    >
    > valid.tjp.hu - tjpzoom.js 2.0 - ****Script / CSS / DOM image magnifier
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    >
    > PhotoPost Support

EDIT: This is weird, I can;t seem to post the word "J A V A" ... ? ... it gets replaced by the asterisks by the forum it seems

3. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    and I had a look at the TJPzoom website -- it seem that the "old" version of tjpzoom works fine with Opera but not the new; so I reckon PhotoPost are using the new version in their gallery and that mu-43 uses that version too.
    I've emailed the tjp developer, who has only tested it with Opera 8.54 ...

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I'm using Opera 9.63 and have a possibly related problem.
    I cannot use (or see) the REPLY, QUOTE or THANKS buttons in the thread posts and am restricted to using the QUICKREPLY box at the bottom which works fine.
    I have all permissions and am logged inI have tried with **** on & off, and PLUGINS on & off.
    (I can see and use the buttons in Firefox but I prefer Opera)

5. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    The gallery problem is about how J a v a has been implemented, the problem you're experiencing is likely to be around how compliant the forum software is with HTML standards.

I used to use 9.63 in Windows XP Home and it worked fine with vBulletin forums like this one except for the way it handled clearing cookies.

Are you using Windows, Mac or Linux btw?

However,

With Opera, you can right click a page and look at "Site Settings" then "Network Settings" (I think -- I'm at work where I have to use IE so am working on memory!) and there is a dropdown menu for "Mask as ... " and "Identify as ..." ... try setting it to "Mask as Firefox" and see if that makes any difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Just fyi, I am following along here and looking elsewhere for solutions, but so far I have not come across any fixes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Thanks PDH, that was exactly the problem.
    Oh well wouldn't you know ... here's me using the QUOTE button again!
    :2thumbs:
    Job done.

• Like Like x 1