Announcing the all-new SeriousCompacts.com

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm excited to announce a companion forum/blog to Mu-43 at SeriousCompacts.com.

Some of you will recognize Serious Compacts as a site where I blogged for nearly three years prior to starting Mu-43. In fact, many of the early members on this site found Mu-43 via the links on Serious Compacts.

After a period of inactivity, I've decided to re-launch Serious Compacts. The idea behind S.C. is to cover everything of interest to small(er) camera users. These days, with Micro 4/3, Samsung NX, Sony NEX, Ricoh GXR, and more mirrorless systems sure to come, this is a rapidly evolving area.

I think Mu-43 and S.C. can complement one another very well. Mu-43 will remain focused on being a great home specifically for Micro 4/3 users on the web, while S.C. is meant to serve as a forum and blog for those interested in the full range of compact photography systems available and the work being done with these remarkable tools.

Soundimageplus will be joining me as an admin over at Serious Compacts. We hope some of you will come and contribute your ideas, experiences, and images!

The new site can be found at www.seriouscompacts.com

• Like Like x 14
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Like the phoenix, SeriousCompacts.com rises!:drinks:

I've been over there a few times, Amin, and now I will have a new place to help me keep the camera economy growing.:biggrin: Very nice layout over there, too.

3. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    Congrats about relaunching SC. Could you please Amin bring that layout to MU4/3? it looks so clean and sharp! Fantastic!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Congrats on SC ! Now I can switch between mu43 and SC. Now I know a nice birthday gift for my wife who has her birthday next month !

• Like Like x 2
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

A good move Amin - not sure I can add another photo forum to the six I frequent but will watch with interest - bookmarked already.

6. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks BB, Gustavo, Herman, and Bill!

Gustavo, I'm always looking for ways to improve the forums and appreciate your suggestion! -Amin

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    ...and remember Amin has the facility to create 'skins' for the framework to allow you to choose alternate colour schemes.

Cheers

Brian

8. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Good on you Amin!

9. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  10. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

G'day to you Amin

I am curious, I know that you are a doctor......what do you do in your spare time??:cool:

11. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    I also joined SC, but personally find it unhandy to have two "overlapping" forums.
    - Is / Can it be made possible for users to see them as one?

12. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Joep, it is not possible for a member to view the two sites as one. They are designed to be distinct, and I think that as S.C. develops, it will be clear why it best stands alone.

Bill, that's always the challenge - so much free time, what to do with it all? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Just a great answer Amin......you certainly are dedicated!!

• Like Like x 4
  14. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Sounds good, thanks, Joep