Announcement: Unlimited Image Uploads to Thread Posts

Amin Sabet

Administrator
With the recent server move, I'm pleased to announce unlimited photo uploads to thread posts for all members.

This doesn't apply to the Gallery, where space remains limited. I'm talking about uploading images directly to forum posts using the "Upload a Photo" button (works on just about any computer, tablet, phone, etc).

You can upload images regardless of dimensions (full-res is fine), and those larger than 1600px will be automatically resized to 1600px (previously 1300px). There is a file size limit of 50MB for uploads, but even full-res JPEGs should be less than this.

To post a photo in any forum thread:
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "Write your reply..."
  • Type your message in that box
  • Click the "Upload a Photo" button
  • Select the image on your computer/device and click "Open"
  • Click the "Click Here to Insert Image Into Post" button
  • Click the "Post Reply" button

VSTR61

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Vic
This thread was difficult to find. Someone needs to bump it to the top!

Seriously, I was looking for a post that explained all the rules and regs for members so I could become more involved here. So far, this is about it. Am I missing something?

VSTR61

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Vic
I didn't miss the small print page. A lot of the forums I have been involved with tend to have rules and specific guides 'stickied' at the top of their respective forums. Posting pictures is usually strictly controlled on other forums and I figured it would be that way here? You know, nothing over 1500 max or use outside hosting... I couldn't find anything in the half an hour I spent searching until I found Amin's notice. Not many forums allow this much freedom. Definitely worth the price of subscription!

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
The only problem that I see (in Australia) which is way behind with internet tech, is that unlimited photos prevent me sometimes from viewing pages. There is an assumption that we all have the same tech but there is no National broadband Network in my area yet and I'm stuck with adsl with a download speed of less than 8meg...........as are most Aussies.

The "post your best five" threads take an eternity to load, as do others with multiple images per post, and this could be fixed for us sad sacks on adsl if there was a limit of 10 posts per page. Sometimes, I simply give up on waiting for those sort of threads to load.

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
With the recent server move, I'm pleased to announce unlimited photo uploads to thread posts for all members.

This doesn't apply to the Gallery, where space remains limited. I'm talking about uploading images directly to forum posts using the "Upload a Photo" button (works on just about any computer, tablet, phone, etc).

You can upload images regardless of dimensions (full-res is fine), and those larger than 1600px will be automatically resized to 1600px (previously 1300px). There is a file size limit of 50MB for uploads, but even full-res JPEGs should be less than this.

To post a photo in any forum thread:
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "Write your reply..."
  • Type your message in that box
  • Click the "Upload a Photo" button
  • Select the image on your computer/device and click "Open"
  • Click the "Click Here to Insert Image Into Post" button
  • Click the "Post Reply" button
Thanks for providing a great service. I've recently noticed that the photo image quality on this website looks better than before. The detail and colors are much improved. As good if not better than Flickr quality.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom