Announcement: Mu-43.com is a sponsor of The Online Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
I thought you might like to see this post from The Online Photographer:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepa...ographer/2010/01/samsung-nx-10-announced.html

best part...

............".I have only one question. Is anybody really going to want a mini, mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera without the flexibility of the Micro 4/3 standard? Micro 4/3 is in its infancy—well, its toddlerhood—but already, I can put my favorite Panasonic lens on an Olympus body that has IS. And I can get just short of a zillion different kinds of adapters, allowing me to use anything from an old M-Rokkor to a Canon FD lens from way back before Canon even went autofocus.

It seems to me that perhaps the biggest single frustration I've had in the whole digital era is the headache of finding the lenses I want for the cameras I want. (Sony! Olympus! Oy!) Micro 4/3, being a cross-manufacturer standard, promises to alleviate that problem by allowing me to pick and choose bodies for the same lenses or pick and choose lenses for the same bodies. This is already an advantage, and the situation is only going to get better.

Does anybody really want to give that up and be completely dependent on a proprietary lensmount for this kind of camera—especially from a company that has no history as a lensmaker? Especially an electronics company, most of which treat lenses as afterthoughts?

I'm not necessarily claiming they won't. Maybe the NX10 will "..........

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Well done.
And almost 500 members in a couple weeks!

There, I've cheated a bit, though not intentionally :redface:. I had another forum, for general photography (not related to :43:), which fizzled out and died. I wanted to give the members of that forum a chance to partcipate at mu-43 without re-registering, so I imported that database here. Still, we've had great growth in just a few weeks, and our early members are fantastic ones!

Well done.
I recommend putting a GF1 in the banner at tOP, it will draw more attention.

That's a good suggestion. Maybe an E-P1 as well. I'd like to keep everything free from brand preference :wink:.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Do you like this one better?

Attachments

• mu-43-ad2.gif
    mu-43-ad2.gif
    9 KB · Views: 216

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Your new design looks cute, but I think the first one is simpler and gets the point across better.

On the bright side, I think you'd do great in advertising... some TV ads are really entertaining/funny/cute/catchy - and I have no idea what they're advertising until the last couple of seconds :rofl:

Cheers

Brian

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Thanks Brian and Eolake. I think I'll leave things as is. We're getting some good, steady referrals from T.O.P. Maybe will try the alternate ad somewhere else.

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I like the Ad you put up with TOP (I read it on a regular basis) - it caught my eye and brought me here. I enjoy the Pentaxforums site alot more than Dpreview (civility, actual photography discussions beyond should I buy this that or the other, etc.), and am happy this site is doing well in its' first month or so online - nice to have a place with some more civil discussions!

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Welcome to mu-43, pxpaulx! I think that, despite our youth as a site, we have already established civility and depth :smile:. Glad to have you join us, and thanks for mentioning the ad at TOP.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Keep it simple....once you post a picture of a camera, others with other cameras will want theirs to join with yours and you have started out simple, I think it rocks:horse:

In fact I think it has great potential as long as you can retain the quality people rather than quantity.

chrisman

Mu-43 Rookie
The Online Photographer is my first photographic stop on the internet - it is refreshingly different. It was via your link on their site that I arrived here.

Chris

eolake

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, tOP is the best blog I know of. I wish to god there were more, but it takes a genius.

BTW, just yesterday I updated my own ad there, the "Joyful Nudes" banner. How do you like it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom