Animethon 2012

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by goodsonr, Aug 10, 2012.

1. goodsonr

goodsonr Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2011
    Went to pick up my daughter from Animethon and got there a few minutes earlier and take some snaps of cosplayers. All taken direct from camera with no adjustments at all (EPL1 - Olympus 45mm)

I'm not a very "forward" person, but did ask this woman if I could take her picture .. so its the best of the bunch (even if the top is too busy .. can't have everything with a quick snap).

<a href="">" height="800" width="600" /></a>

Either way .. it was great fun people watching. Lots of colorful costumes...

<a href="">[img]" height="600" width="800" /></a>

But most pictures were missing that critical focus ... like this one... so I'm not going to show them here

<a href="">[img]" height="800" width="600" /></a>

And I also look forward to the next generation PEN so I can crank the ISO up for faster shutter speed w/o as much worry about noise.

I'll be picking up the daughter tomorrow as well. Just have to work on my "Can I Please Take Your Picture" so as to get better shots..

• Like Like x 6
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    That first shot really gets your attention! Nice.
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  4. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Yes the, uhm, top is quite "busy!":tongue:
  5. johnc

johnc Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2011
    And in perfect focus.

No doubt due to the exemplary performance of your E-PL1's "In Your Face Detection™." :smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011

I quite agree ;)
  7. NickLeon

NickLeon Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Somerset UK
    Well she does have wonderful eyes....
    • Like Like x 1