Angry Weather Timelapse

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by phidauex, Jun 30, 2013.

1. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    Friday night there was some crazy weather here in Boulder, CO. I got home from work, saw the angry clouds, and grabbed my gear to run downtown (literally run, I only live a few blocks away) to shoot some timelapses.

Setup is my OM-D EM5 on a tripod w/ ball/pan head. Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye. Triggertrap for triggering. Processing was done in Lightroom using the totally-sweet LRTimelapse application/plugin which lets you apply keyframe animations to Lightroom develop parameters, allowing for panning, exposure correction over time, and other smooth transitions.

Sorry the shots aren't longer duration - about 1 minute after the last sequence ended I was running again - this time from marble-sized hail pounding on me. I was very thankful for the OM-D weather sealing (by then I had changed lenses back to the weathersealed 60mm Macro). In my hurry to shoot the scary weather, I had neglected to bring an umbrella or raincoat. ;)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/69400844]Boulder Weather Timelapse on Vimeo[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  2. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
  3. evil43

evil43 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Right near the beach
    Rob
    Nice shots! Careful with the "weather sealing" on the OM-D though, as to my knowledge the only weather sealed lens is the 12-50mm kit lens. I'm not sure if the Rokinon 7.5mm lens has a rubber o-ring that seals it between the body and the mount, but I highly doubt that it does, and water can still get into your camera body that way. :)

4. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    The 60mm Macro supposedly has weather sealing as well, which is what I switched to as the rain really started coming down. The Rokinon is pretty tight, but doesn't have the thin o-ring around the mount lip, like you say. Definitely risky business! I should have brought an umbrella. ;)

5. evil43

evil43 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Right near the beach
    Rob
    Ah, you're right about the 60mm. I didn't realize that one was also weather sealed. Good to know :thumbup: