1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Angry Weather Timelapse

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by phidauex, Jun 30, 2013.

1. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    Friday night there was some crazy weather here in Boulder, CO. I got home from work, saw the angry clouds, and grabbed my gear to run downtown (literally run, I only live a few blocks away) to shoot some timelapses.

Setup is my OM-D EM5 on a tripod w/ ball/pan head. Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye. Triggertrap for triggering. Processing was done in Lightroom using the totally-sweet LRTimelapse application/plugin which lets you apply keyframe animations to Lightroom develop parameters, allowing for panning, exposure correction over time, and other smooth transitions.

Sorry the shots aren't longer duration - about 1 minute after the last sequence ended I was running again - this time from marble-sized hail pounding on me. I was very thankful for the OM-D weather sealing (by then I had changed lenses back to the weathersealed 60mm Macro). In my hurry to shoot the scary weather, I had neglected to bring an umbrella or raincoat. ;)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/69400844]Boulder Weather Timelapse on Vimeo[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  2. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
  3. evil43

evil43 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Right near the beach
    Rob
    Nice shots! Careful with the "weather sealing" on the OM-D though, as to my knowledge the only weather sealed lens is the 12-50mm kit lens. I'm not sure if the Rokinon 7.5mm lens has a rubber o-ring that seals it between the body and the mount, but I highly doubt that it does, and water can still get into your camera body that way. :)

4. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    The 60mm Macro supposedly has weather sealing as well, which is what I switched to as the rain really started coming down. The Rokinon is pretty tight, but doesn't have the thin o-ring around the mount lip, like you say. Definitely risky business! I should have brought an umbrella. ;)

5. evil43

evil43 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Right near the beach
    Rob
    Ah, you're right about the 60mm. I didn't realize that one was also weather sealed. Good to know :thumbup: