1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Android Apps?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by chicks, Jul 14, 2012.

1. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    Was traveling recently, didn't want to drag along a laptop, but took the 'droid tablet. The next tablet I buy will definitely need a full-sized SD slot - the microSD slot is a PITA, as is a USB dongle/SD adapter.

Anyway, shot jpg the entire two weeks, and was able to crop, resize and upload easily with the tablet. I used the free version of Photo Editor for most everything, including some minor contrast adjustments.

I've recently installed the free version of Little Photo, having some fun with its many fx. :) Anyone else using their 'droid tablet for PP?

p20120714-142157.

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Not really for PP, but for quick viewing and culling of images, yes.

I also used it to back up images from my memory cards onto USB memory sticks.

I'm not aware of any tablets with a full size SD card slot at the moment. I think we're going to be stuck with dongles.

3. Joe777

Joe777 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2012
    Oregon
    meyerweb.

Not really for PP, but for quick viewing and culling of images, yes.

I also used it to back up images from my memory cards onto USB memory sticks.

I'm not aware of any tablets with a full size SD card slot at the moment. I think we're
    going to be stuck with dongles.

I've told myself to stop using "equivalent" focal lengths for m43. 25mm is what it is, and what it might be similar to on some other format doesn't matter to me any more. We need to learn what to expect from our current equipment, not keep mapping it to the old. No one refers to their 50mm FF lens as "equivalent to 80mm on MF."

The Toshiba Thrive has a full size SD Card Slot and USB Port. I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    its an interesting topics, i'm using GT-P1000 running ICS by CM9, and does a little PP. for me its just a matter of habbits, prefered done with laptop but i see you did a great job with the rose

5. pikestar

pikestar Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    UK
    Pretty sure the asus transformer has a full size SD card slot

6. seb.petru

seb.petru New to Mu-43

Jul 29, 2012
    Czech Republic
    Not asus transformer T300. Only micro sd is available.
    I am solving the same. Finally, I use micro sd with adapter in my Oly E-M5. Works fine.

Sent from Asus T300

7. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    Skip the card entirely, EyeFi card works great, wireless transfer even without a WLan. Spent four days at BaselWorld and uploaded the pictures to my Acer tablet and then logged in with that to upload at the Press Center. Used a mini USB keyboard and wrote about 30 pages of reporting...

Seriously, Worked great. :)

8. L11

L11 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 8, 2010
    Recently took my google nexus 7 to global gathering (2 day music festival), was great to wake up and edit/upload a few quick pictures to facebook whilst "recovering".. I just used to photoshop express app I only really edited contrast and saturation and maybe a crop or two.

9. Cederic

Cederic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Nottingham
    The Asus Transformer Infinity takes full-size SD cards. It's also a USB host, although I didn't try mounting the camera as a filesystem.

Transferring files off the card onto the tablet was a doddle though.