1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Android app help please!

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by twalker294, Sep 5, 2013.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I just switched from my iPhone 4S to an HTC One and of course I downloaded the mu-43 app. Now I'm pretty good with technology -- it's how I make my living after all, but I can't figure out this app. If I'm looking at a thread on this screen:

screen mu43 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

how the heck do I get back to the main forum listing, or the listing of messages on that forum, or ANYWHERE for that matter? I've tried dragging, pinching, flicking, pushing, cursing, you name it. I can't figure out how to do it. Many thanks...

Todd

2. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    It's Android - it has a 'back' button accessible all the time, in every app and function. I never understood how iphones can function without them.

Your Android system has four permanent buttons at the bottom - home, menu, back, find. I've never used 'find' but backing up is fundamental.

The coolest thing about the 'home' button is to press and hold it, bringing up the option of switching to any open or recent app. I never figured out how iphone users switch between apps, either.
    Enjoy.

sent from Mu 4/3 mobile app

3. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Unless I totally misunderstood your problem. Then never mind.

sent from Mu 4/3 mobile app

4. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    The back button doesn't always work though. For instance if I get a notification that someone has replied to a topic and I click the notification, it takes me directly into the app and to that thread. The back button then takes me back to my home screen because that's where I was before. Yes if I go directly into the app and start at the app's start screen, I can use the back button but even then it's cumbersome. Let's say I am reading a thread that is 4 pages long. In order to get back to the message listing in the forum, I have to hit the back button 4 times. It seems to me that if I am 4 pages deep in a thread, I should have a way to get back to the message listing for that forum with one click like I can with the iOS app, or even back to the main forum listing. It just doesn't seem like a very well designed app from a usability standpoint.

5. shaolinmonk

shaolinmonk Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Toronto Canada
    Suffering from same problem.... Wish there was an option to go back to main forum

Sent from my HTC One using Mu-43 mobile app

6. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    Glad it's not just me. I guess I'll just keep using my iPad when I want to browse Mu-43 on mobile.