1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'And You Thought This Forum Got Crazy When..'

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Feb 20, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    The E-P3 was released....I can't wait to see this place (in a good way) when the first few members here get their OMD EM-5s :smile::smile::smile:

2. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    I'm looking forward to the first "fatal flaw" to set off the internet echo chamber effect (and not in a good way). :eek:

3. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I am still on a " high" with my GH2!!!!

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    It could end up like "Troll City".

5. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

I doubt there will be a fatal flaw. Perhaps a few "wtfs?" Olympus is not going revolutionary here, rather incremental. The sensor is a re-take on the Panny 16MP (not exactly brand-new, but with some changes that Oly asked for), so nothing earth shattering there. VF is the VF-2 built in ...

IBIS can only go up from where it's at, Hah! :tongue:

Battery is incrementally larger, sealing is incrementally better than E series. Oly has been very careful to craft a camera that won't disappoint, and get enthusiats to buy.

6. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    I doubt it too. It was just a slightly cynical comment on the way the web community greets anything new :frown:

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I was extremely excited and somewhat dissapointed with the release of the E-P3. I don't have much excitement for this camera, though.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The E-P3 was exactly what I thought it would be... a blend of the best features of both E-P2 and E-PL2, with some new stuff added in.

The OM-D will likewise be the same, a blend of the best features of both E-5 and E-P3, with some new stuff added in.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for, and I doubt I will be disappointed. :) This is how Olympus has always developed their cameras. Introduce new technologies in lower-end cameras until they are all perfected then culminate the progress into one completed flagship camera.

This is also why high-end Olympus products are usually a safe, smart purchase. It's almost like they're already tried and tested.

9. frelwa

frelwa Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2011
    Toronto
    And a reasonable facsimile of some much-admired old stuff added too.

Me too. :smile:

And it's a semi-pro (says Olympus) first-born model in a new flagship family that will later give us a fully professional :43: camera (says Olympus). I'll be happy with an E-M5 in the meantime :biggrin:

That's been my experience too. :thumbup:

10. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Is it sad that i still get excited about my little E-PL1??

• Like Like x 1
  11. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Quite likely there will be at least one outcry "look at the noise, aarghh!":biggrin:

12. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Why be sad? I just got my E-PL1 this weekend and I've been going bonkers on ebay buying all sorts of FD lenses, OM lenses and their respective adapters.....

13. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    FWIW, I'm in the same boat about the E-PL1(mine sitting in my messenger bag on my desk). It's light, small and handy, even though it's too frequent that I am disappoint when I have to crank the ISO up past 800 or so. Still I like mine and I'm planning to keep it, even after I get my E-M5 (eventually).