1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

'And You Thought This Forum Got Crazy When..'

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Feb 20, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    The E-P3 was released....I can't wait to see this place (in a good way) when the first few members here get their OMD EM-5s :smile::smile::smile:

2. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    I'm looking forward to the first "fatal flaw" to set off the internet echo chamber effect (and not in a good way). :eek: 

3. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I am still on a " high" with my GH2!!!!

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    It could end up like "Troll City".

5. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

I doubt there will be a fatal flaw. Perhaps a few "wtfs?" Olympus is not going revolutionary here, rather incremental. The sensor is a re-take on the Panny 16MP (not exactly brand-new, but with some changes that Oly asked for), so nothing earth shattering there. VF is the VF-2 built in ...

IBIS can only go up from where it's at, Hah! :tongue:

Battery is incrementally larger, sealing is incrementally better than E series. Oly has been very careful to craft a camera that won't disappoint, and get enthusiats to buy.

6. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    I doubt it too. It was just a slightly cynical comment on the way the web community greets anything new :frown:

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I was extremely excited and somewhat dissapointed with the release of the E-P3. I don't have much excitement for this camera, though.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The E-P3 was exactly what I thought it would be... a blend of the best features of both E-P2 and E-PL2, with some new stuff added in.

The OM-D will likewise be the same, a blend of the best features of both E-5 and E-P3, with some new stuff added in.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for, and I doubt I will be disappointed. :)  This is how Olympus has always developed their cameras. Introduce new technologies in lower-end cameras until they are all perfected then culminate the progress into one completed flagship camera.

This is also why high-end Olympus products are usually a safe, smart purchase. It's almost like they're already tried and tested.

9. frelwa

frelwa Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2011
    Toronto
    And a reasonable facsimile of some much-admired old stuff added too.

Me too. :smile:

And it's a semi-pro (says Olympus) first-born model in a new flagship family that will later give us a fully professional :43: camera (says Olympus). I'll be happy with an E-M5 in the meantime :biggrin:

That's been my experience too. :thumbup:

10. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Is it sad that i still get excited about my little E-PL1??

• Like Like x 1
  11. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Quite likely there will be at least one outcry "look at the noise, aarghh!":biggrin:

12. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Why be sad? I just got my E-PL1 this weekend and I've been going bonkers on ebay buying all sorts of FD lenses, OM lenses and their respective adapters.....

13. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    FWIW, I'm in the same boat about the E-PL1(mine sitting in my messenger bag on my desk). It's light, small and handy, even though it's too frequent that I am disappoint when I have to crank the ISO up past 800 or so. Still I like mine and I'm planning to keep it, even after I get my E-M5 (eventually).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.