And...we're number two :-)

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim
Coming in just under the D700 and squeaking ahead of the Fuji X100*...TheOnlinePhotographer gives you...the OM-D E-M5!!!

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2014/03/here-they-are.html

In an absolutely non-scientific, non-binding, informal, non-rigorous poll - what could be more proof of the superiority of the E-M5?

:hiding:

Regards,

Jim

* (I like to think that it was my vote that pole vaulted the E-M5 into the lead over the Fuji...:biggrin: ).

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The list looked interesting until I saw the Nex 7...reallly?

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim

You have to remember the base - T.O.P. readers, and Mike Johnston asked that readers NOT link in other forums during the voting (to prevent skewing the results).

So - it ain't scientific but it probably is honest.

Besides - it came in after the E-M5 so obviously the T.O.P. readership is a discerning group. Not to mention good looking :biggrin:.

Regards,

Jim

jziegler

Mu-43 Veteran
I think that the brand chart was more interesting. And I'm looking forward to the coming analysis of the data. I'm hoping to see sensor size and DSLR vs mirrorless vs fixed lens charts.

TheRenaissanceMan

Mu-43 Regular

Have you ever used one? The menus suck, but the Tri-Navi interface works fine, the EVF is quite good, and image quality at low ISO is terrific.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Have you ever used one? The menus suck, but the Tri-Navi interface works fine, the EVF is quite good, and image quality at low ISO is terrific.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

Nope but I just got a Nex 6 and can't believe how bad of a camera it is. IQ is great, everything else is garbage. Can't imagine having a sensor with more noise and not having phase.

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nope but I just got a Nex 6 and can't believe how bad of a camera it is. IQ is great, everything else is garbage. Can't imagine having a sensor with more noise and not having phase.

IQ is good with which lenses? Optics trump sensors. Small sensor with superior optics will produce better images than even the largest sensor with crappy optics.

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
Why all the anti-NEX bias?
I find Nex has very well designed bodies. They are smaller than m43, have much better grip, bult-in tillable flash and very thin, non-clunky tilt screen, solid build quality. AWB is much worse than Oly, video is much better with stabilized lenses. Relevant lenses are bigger, heavier and look very out of place on a tiny body. Pancake lens quality is quite a bit worse than m43's pancakes. Honestly, Olympus needs to get their video codec updated to current standards including 24p and they'll top all ratings. When people buy cameras, they read reviews and reviews typically say uncompetitive video quality.

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
Now now....we don't like folks putting down Micro Four Thirds....:smile:
I almost bought a Nex-7 when I needed to replace a stolen a77 - I didn't care that it was kinda ugly, because it was surprisingly good to use. If there had been a range of lenses to go with it I might be visiting www.talkemount.com now instead of www.mu-43.com. It was only because the Nex-7 showed me that cameras didn't have to be big that I considered μ43.
:thumbup:

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Remember Folks, Sony has dropped the NEX moniker from their cameras. They are designating the new e-mount cameras as Alpha's too.
WE can still call them Emount cameras, but the new E-mount cameras are not called NEX so we cant lump them in with saying All NEX cameras.
I believe that Sony realized it was too difficult to confuse both camera systems by having each system denoted by different monikers.
So now both the A-mount dSLR and E-mount mirrorless will be Alphas, this way its easier for marketing purposes, and when the novice user purchases the wrong systems lens for their camera system, they just return it for the correct one, but the initial purchase will still count towards the quarterly reports as a purchase or sale result.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
IQ is good with which lenses? Optics trump sensors. Small sensor with superior optics will produce better images than even the largest sensor with crappy optics.

Agree that optics trump sensor, at least for sharpness and contrast. But tonality, DR, noise, and overall rendering are really sensor+software, and the Nex does very well there. Shockingly I'm pretty surprised at the kit 16-50, so much that I haven't even taken the 20 out of the box. I'm annoyed at the menus and lack of options, and feel really duped on the phase detection.

Latest threads

Top Bottom