1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

And now?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Alf, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Dear All,
    the moment is approaching. Apparently some pics moved a person to a definite conclusion, and my trusty white E-PL1 is going to leave for kindler, gentler hands who made me the classic offer you can't refuse.

So my (tipically) slow reasoning is going to speed up a lot in the next weeks, or I'll be without a camera!

What next?
    The easy way would be replacing the camera with an E-PL3, (and maybe the Lumix 20/1,7 - which is probably going too - with the Summilux 25/1,4). I could still go on playing with my Hexanons and C-mounts then.

But a tiny voice suggesting a V1 double kit does not cease in my head. Even found one at a great price (€725 fot the 10-30+30-110)...

And of course there are the voices from the dark side calling for serious serious compcats compacts, a GRDIV, an X10, and an X100 too! Alas, funds are not unlimited and I can't ask the moon for my old camera from a kind person, even if the camera is really nice.

At the moment, polls show
    E-PL3 + 14/42IR + 25/1.4 at € 1100 : 60%
    V1 + 10-30 + 30-110 + 10mm pancake at ~€950 : 40%

So if you like, please do suggest.

2. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Well not to say change is a bad thing necessarily and the vf on the V1 is really appealing but coming from an EPL-1 I think the migration would be much easier if you go with the E-PL3.

Another thing, I would prefer the larger sensor on the E-PL3 over the Nikon since both the bodies are almost the same size anyways. The Grip is another issue since the V1 doesn't have a grip but the E-PL3 can use different grips (if I remember correctly).

I guess I may be a bit biased though, but either way, I vote for the E-PL3.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Even though I own a J1, I'll say that if you have your µ4/3 glass, then I'd have a serious look at the Panasonic GX1 :smile:

4. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    That's true. I totally forgot about the GX-1. That thing looks beautiful!

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Well...no matter what you get your images will be superb as always. So I'd say you're pretty free to choose as you like. That said...at the risk of sounding like an m43 heretic I'd suggest an NEX5n. It would allow you to continue to use your Hex's. Otherwise I think I'd fall into the GRD IV camp.