1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

And another "new" guy

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by PatrickNSF, Sep 30, 2011.

1. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    Greetings –

I'm a sometimes lurker but finally registered this morning. I'm a amateur/hobbyist and have been shooting digital point-and-shoots since December 1999 (started with a Canon Powershot S10) and have progressed through a number of cameras since then. My first DSLR was the Canon 10D sometime in the spring of 2003.

This year, I've been using a Canon S95, a Sony HX9V (for video mostly), a Panasonic GH2 (again, for video) and a Canon 40D (for stills). I never really warmed to the GH2 for stills (and I had the GH1 prior to that), and I don't take all that much video, so I sold that this year. And I rarely use the 40D while out.

I've had my eye on the Oly Pens for a while – 90% of what I shoot is jpeg and I like the Oly colors and exposure – but the autofocus speed always kept me away. The new generation of Pens took care of that issue for me and I jumped into a E-P3 last week. So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at photographing my son's soccer game with the Oly 14-150mm. It's 9 and 10 year olds, so they don't move the ball all that fast and I'm not expecting any miracles. But if I can end up with a few decent keepers, I'm pretty sure I'll retire the Canon gear for good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Oh nice! I'm assuming you got silver.... *eyes you cautiously*...... lemme know how yer liking the 14-150. I keep threatening to add one of the uberzoomers to my " I neeeeeeeed it! " list. Lol
    Toss up some pics!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    No, I went for black...out of habit, I guess.

I've been testing the 14-150 around the neighborhood to try to get a feel for it and it's surprisingly light compared to the Canon 18-200 and Panasonic 14-140 which I've used i the past.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    HI!!!!

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome!

6. MrDoug