1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Analog Efex Pro

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by GFFPhoto, Nov 13, 2013.

1. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Nik software users might have noticed this new app that was added to their Nik collection. I was curious what others thought about it. A lot of the tools remind me of Instagram filters, and they seem really over done (to my taste), but since it's free I figured it's worth playing around with.

I'm curious to see if what others can do with this. It would help if you also gave a brief outline of what filters/settings you used. Some of the example photos on Nik's Google+ page looked pretty good.

This photo is a cross post from the 20mm image thread (I hope thats OK) . After a basic adjustment of levels and WB in LR, I used Classic camera (I think #7), toned everything down, and added levels and curves.

Iron Knot Ranch NM by GFFPhoto, on Flickr

Edit: Mods might need to move this, I put it in the wrong section

2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    There was another thread on here somewhere where people were commenting on it.

It's like Instagram on steroids, and I think it's a good bit of fun - especially since, as you've mentioned, it's 'free'. Personally I enjoy the wet plate presets look, even if they look a little overdone.

3. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon