An old man [1 pic]

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not sure what he was reflecting on..but I enjoy this shot.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/t-quan/5180544461/" title="P7281505.jpg by one.mic, on Flickr">View attachment 152860"375" height="500" alt="P7281505.jpg" /></a>

I'm not sure how I feel about the young man in the background..on the one hand, perhaps its a bit distracting, but on the other hand I find the physical contrast somewhat interesting.

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I love the presence of the young man - that's who the old man was - his youth is passing quietly by. But I am probably projecting. A great shot.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Take the young man in the background away and the photograph is altered, and not for the better, it becomes much less interesting. It's impact is because of the juxtaposition of old/young mentioned by pjjohngren above, good shot.

Barrie

PetitP

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Phrenic,
Nice one.
Though my personal feeling is that it a bit too narrow (the foot of the old guy is cut, the head of the bikers is touching the edge, and eventually the second biker is also cut).

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
What old man? I see a kid and a gentleman close to my age, but no old man ... :tongue:

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks for the comments guys..much appreciated.

PetitP, I did heavily crop...iirc, there was a bunch of things I was trying to cut out of the frame. I'll post up the original shot this evening and see how that would work, or if there's a better crop possible.

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
As promised..the original:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Unfortunately can't get around the clipping of the foot..my quick snapshot didn't have the best framing.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
He almost looks like he is praying - his eyes are closed and the hand held open.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom