An old friend finds his/her way back home

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by JJJPhoto, Jul 20, 2012.

1. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    A few years ago I sold all my Nikon gear when I decided that 4/3 and m4/3 was going to be enough for my work and personal needs. Among the items I sold was a gently used Nikon D2X that I sold at the time for $1,450 to another local wedding photographer who was shooting Nikon.

Although I've been happy with my Olympus gear a short while ago I picked up a used Nikon D3100 from a forum member here just so I could "mess around" with the 50mm 1.8G and 85mm 1.8G primes.

I was showing some photos to the same friend who bought my D2X and he mentioned that he has upgraded his gear and he has been having trouble selling the D2X on ebay ... buyers kept backing out after winning auctions and ebay apparently didn't do anything about it. He said he was about to sell the D2X to KEH for $300 but I offered to buy it back for that price and so my old D2X is back!

It's not the greatest camera of all time and it's certainly not the latest, greatest sensor technology but I know this camera's history and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get my old D2X back for such a low price.
    • Like Like x 1