1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

An L-Bracket for the Olympus Grip

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by slothead, May 20, 2013.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Does anyone know of a grip designed to fit the HLD-6 Olympus grip?

I've been studying the RRS L-bracket contribution, but it can't be used with the HLD-6 (which obviously provides more battery-supported life).I have seen a couple L-brackets that will fit somewhat, but in both cases the "L" side does not come up high enough on the side of the camera to center the camera's optical centerline over the tripod centerline.

There are probably methods to accommodate this by using an assortment of fixtures but that is just not as handy as a one-piece solution.

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
  3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks Savas. I had not seen these before. They are not exactly what I want, but they are an indication that there may be more out there.

4. leuallen

leuallen Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2010
    Mackinaw, Il
    Try HejnerPhoto. They make modular L brackets - two pieces screwed together. The bases come in various sizes as do the vertical part. You can probably find two appropriate sizes to fit your needs. They make the vertical parts in long versions, which is probably what you want. Not perfect like a custom bracket, but it will probably work. The pieces have parts drawings which show most of the dimensions so you can figure it out.

I have such a solution for my GH3 (no aux. grip) and it works well. I have a EM-5 with bracket but do not use the HLD-6 grip with it, opting for the RRS bracket instead.

Larry

5. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks Larry.