An Italian Wedding

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by DekHog, Oct 24, 2011.

1. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Just got home from my daughter's wedding in Italy last night - there was no official photographer, as everyone is just going to throw their images in a collective pot and we'll sort it out from there (I suppose I'll get that job!)

Five Scotsmen in kilts went down extremely well with all the Italians and tourists in Bellagio - I've never had my own picture taken so many times!

A few of my own below - luckily a bit shaded outside the town hall where she was married, but everything after that was very challenging with the bright sunshine. I'm sure we'll have enough to get a decent selection though. As father of the bride I was also trying to enjoy the day myself, so kept my own down to around 300 images in total!

What an absolutely fantastic place to get married, the scenery is just beyond belief, although Italian driving skills, or lack of them, is also beyond belief - the 45 minute journey along the mountain road to get to Bellagio was worthy of a Top Gear episode.... :eek:

First two taken with the 14-150mm; last one with the 20mm....

wjgisj.

fvic04.

5f4y2x.

• Like Like x 4
  2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Is that a McLeod tartan? Hmmm ... maybe not.

3. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Na, that's a Stewart tartan..... :smile:

4. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    Hey!
    We can get easily offended you know? :)

5. It may not be lack of skills, but more the "flexible" road rules that are the cause of concern.

Really love the third image, BTW.

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think you've got a winner in the last picture. I like the perspective line created by the reflected sunlight on the top of her dress. Compliments the angle of the picture nicely.

7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Thanks for the comments, guys - I still stick by my first-hand knowledge that Italian driving is.... erm.... not great... :wink:

8. FlatSix

FlatSix New to Mu-43

Sep 10, 2010
    I like a lot the last one: light, composition, bride expression, very nice.

Being Italian and a sport car gentleman driver, may I define italian driving 'creative'? :smile:
    In any case, you should try to make a night trip with an Egyptian taxi driver to get a whole new definition of 'driving skill'...

Not a very common sight in Italy, I must admit. :smile: