1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

An Introduction to Light Painting - Brisbane, 23rd Jan

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RnR, Jan 21, 2013.

1. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    An Introduction to Light Painting (2013) - The Brisbane Light Painting Photography Group (Brisbane) - Meetup

Me and a mate are going. Thought there might be others in the Brisbane area that might be able to make it. Never done this before, but I'm guessing a tripod of some kind is needed at minimum :biggrin:

Coincidently saw this today at the local news agency...

OB86_COVERLR.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Looks good ..
    I lived down the street from there on Days Rd as a lad for 20 years :) 
    thanks Hasse
    cheers
    Rob

3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    sounds like fun, but I think I'm going to have to give this one a miss... I'm visiting a friend whos just given birth

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Congrats to your friend - bring camera - sneak in some practise in baby portraiture :wink:

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    how did the night go? Any photos?

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    The night went well (especially for the mozzies - they had a feast!). Saw some of the possibilities and the crew (~13) was great.

My photo's didn't turn out so well as I had only brought primes and it was awkard to move between the shoots with so many tripods there. I also need to get a remote to be able to capture the start and end of the 'light performance'.

Doing this on Sunday - Burleigh Heads Surfing Photography - The Gold Coast SLR Photography (Gold Coast) - Meetup - going down at 3 or 4am to get a park (hopefully) and catch the sun come up over the ocean.

7. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Here's what i got - I need some practice ..
    P1222648.jpg

P1222644.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.