An introduction - My way towards micro 4/3

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ramirez, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Hello all!

I just found this forum, it seems like a nice place with a lot of nice people so I decided to join.

I want to share my story about my way towards the micro 4/3 system.

Around 2006/2007 I started out with digital photography (with a simple 4 megapixel Nikon Coolpix P&S). Before that I used film P&S cameras (I remember that I had an Olympus Trip Junior).

A few years went by and I wanted to learn more about photography. I decided that I wanted a DSLR. I studied a little bit about different brands and their DSLR:s and decided to go for the 4/3 system and the Olympus E-510.
    The SSWD dust cleaning system and the IBIS on the E-510 won me over, no hassle with sensor cleaning or shaky pictures!

I used the E-510 as my photography tool until about now. I noticed that my E-510 more often stayed home and that the pics I took more often came from my iPhone 4. I longed for real photography again and not those snapshots from the iPhone 4.

My decision was made and I bought an E-P2. The reasons why I picked the E-P2 had to do with the retro style (metal body feel etc) and that I bought it quite cheap. Of course the E-P3 would be better but it is more expensive too.
    Regarding the AF speed; E-P2 AF speed is ok for the most part for me, if I need faster AF speed I'll use the E-510 (for sport photography etc).

Now I have a better camera (E-P2) than the iPhone 4 camera clutched to my body either in a pocket (my big jacket pocket) or in a small bag!
    I believe that the best camera is the one you have with you! The opportunities to great photos comes randomly and now I am more prepared for them.
    Photography is fun again!

I enjoy many different areas of the art of photography. Right now I am into street photography with my E-P2 (much easier than the E-510 that people notice more!).

This is a part of my story towards the 4/3 and micro 4/3 systems, hopefully more will come..

Happy new year all!

Ramirez

• Like Like x 2
  2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    What a great introduction! Welcome, Ramirez!!

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard Ramirez. I hope this forum is informative, useful and entertaining for you.

G

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome aboard! Don't forget to post some pictures!

5. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    welcome

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, Ramirez. I know you from the Four-Thirds forums. ;) Welcome to the Micro Four-Thirds world. It's exciting, and has really made me want to use my cameras more! xD

7. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Yes :) The Four-Thirds forums is also a great place. It is good to see that there exist not just only one forum for the 4/3 and micro 4/3 systems!

The Micro Four-Thords world is amazing, it brings quality to our pockets :)

8. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    And thank you all for making me feel welcome :)

9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Ramirez. Great introduction mate, I know you more than you know me! I hope you can get to know us all better in time and that you'll enjoy being part of mu-43. Would love to see some of your pictures.

This is a nice place to get started

What do you do...?

The Other Side of The Lens: Challenge!

Hope to see you soon,

icon

• Like Like x 1
  10. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Wellcome aboard Ramirez.