An interesting photo critique

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Sep 25, 2014.

1. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gilden practices an "in your face" style of photography and it seems he can deal out "in your face" commentary as well. Unfortunately it seemed that he really didn't want to say anything about most of the photos but had to because he was there to critique the work presented and what we were shown of what was presented wasn't good. It's impossible to say whether that video was really representative of the event and the work presented or whether it was a selection made because those were the photos that triggered the most "in your face" responses.

I think it would have been far more useful to see him commenting on photos he actually wanted to say things about, images he really wanted to respond to rather than images it seemed he'd far prefer to ignore. Despite the roughness of his comments on most of the images here, I actually came away from the video thinking that I'd really like to hear him critique photos he wanted to critique, ones that turned him on as a photographer rather than ones which turned him off.

• Like Like x 1