An episode with my Hacked GH1 (Season 3 Ep1 GR Drag Race Re-cap)

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
* Video does have some language in two or so spots

On Youtube (my account)

On Facebook where it is officially posted (DeeDeeTV doesn't post outside of facebook)

So I started doing recording work for a local program (publishes on facebook only), which I have the title "Chief Editor and Videographer" (bit much of a title to me, I'm just a cinematographer in this context but I did all the video and audio recording as well as editing).

For last tuesday I used my Panasonic GH1 hacked with a custom firmware, in a cage that also housed my Tascam DR-60Mk2 which had a Rode Stereo Video Mic plugged into it, while allowing the GH1 to record it's own audio with it's mic to not only match to later but also just in case it picks something up my SVM doesn't.

For lighting I was using a Fotodiox C-300R flapjack LED edgelight, daylight only though. Tomorrow night I'll probably take with me my Fotodiox LED-312D which is a little more powerful and smaller, but has a tungsten filter to slip in (the flapjack does not) to normalize it more to the street lights. It's just not as 'soft' looking as the flapjack.

Also picked up a cheap karaoke microphone at 5-below at least for show (note the shirt), but it can't hurt to plug that into the 3.5mm jack of my tascam (or into a zoom H1 for wireless-esque feel and sync later, though if she doesn't mind the appearance the H1 records better quality on it's own mic) to have as a 3rd audio source to pull from for dialog. Especially since I don't want to boom the SVM being solo, but I also don't want to use a shotgun inside (no inside shots in this clip right now, maybe this week).

Interesting note, if shooting at 24fps (or in my case 48i with the hacked firmware which easily migrates to a 24p timeline without a pulldown). 1/50th will sometimes cause visual glitches, but 1/60th will not, mainly in lower lighting condition.

Latest threads

Top Bottom