an e-PM2 happy surprise

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jimr.pdx, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I knew that reports were good about the most recent 16Mpx sensor, which is why my auto-ISO maxes out at 4000. That's the ISO of the top image here; exposure calculates to EV3.

new1.jpg

I really did not expect the ISO 20000 image (bottom) to look this good though! Colors are very good, detail is available, contrast / dynamic range isn't degraded like I expected. Plenty of detail in the blue wire.

BTW These are both jpegs taken at full resolution with NR set to low - well I think that's the setting.. man those menus confuse me! :confused: The Sigma 30mm at f/3.5 did a nice job.

These are not 100% but they are decently cropped from the original. I am not the peeping type so this will have to do. Makes me wonder how the raw image could turn out at iso 20k! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

It's important to note that it's still a pretty well lit shot at ISO20k, given what it looks like at 4k. Under poor lighting even ISO3200 can look a bit rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.