1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Amman, Jordan in B&W

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by phrenic, May 7, 2013.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Well technically, I suppose the ruins of Jerash are outside the city proper, but it's pretty close. :wink:

Processed in LR or Nik Silver Fx 2. Still playing around with different B&W styles, C&C welcome.

Defished 7.5mm.

P1020471.

The rest are from the 20mm 1.7 on my g5.

P1020686.

P1020691.

P1020670.

P1020704.

Hope you enjoyed! Jordan is a wonderful country with some excellent history and super-friendly people (plus delicious and cheap food). An easy place to recommend visiting if you're in the area.

2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Is that a bit of street soccer going on in the last shot ?

The fruit market(?) image is excellent.

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    The night market shot from across the street is very good.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Yep, just playing some soccer in front of an ancient theatre! I have another shot with the ball in action in front of some standing roman columns haha.

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Brilliant. I grew up playing street soccer in my old neighborhood but I can tell you our surrounds weren't so exotic :)

6. poisson rouge

poisson rouge Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
    stunning pictures :) Do you have more?

7. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks! I have plenty more..just working through my collection of around 4,000 shots that I took over the course of my 5 week trip. I have some of my Greece shots in this thread if you're curious: https://www.mu-43.com/f56/4-days-athens-greece-45773/

Anything in particular you would like to see? I have people and architecture shots in Jerash as well as a few more urban scenes from Amman. In a future post I will get to Wadi Rum and Petra as well..

8. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Very nice images, thanks for sharing.

9. Jerash is a pretty epic set of ruins to see first-hand. Are the last shots actually part of Jerash? It looks like one of the other theatres that I remember seeing from the top of the Citadel.

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I like the first, third and fifth - nice! :cool:

11. tol1l1yboy

tol1l1yboy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 12, 2013
    Chicago
    +1

12. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Yep Jerash is definitely epic. I suppose I had my ruins in a nice order..first I saw ruins in Athens (cool), then Jerash (even better preserved), and then last I saw Ephesus in Turkey which has the largest and best preserved ruins!

You are correct, only the first shot is Jerash. The others are all in Amman proper. That's the crazy thing coming from the west..that you would just have a city build around these ancient structures. Just as ridiculous as the great pyramids being literally surrounded by urban sprawl in Cairo. Yeah, no big deal..