America in Colr: 1939-1943

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
That's an incredible set of photographs. Only a few probably quality as "great photographs" in any artistic sense, but the documentary value of stuff like this is just overwhelming. Color photos were obviously relatively rare in those days. Now they're ubiquitous. I wonder how people will view photographs from today (when there are so many zillions of them around) in another 70-80 years. Just seeing the differences in products, landscapes, homes, clothes, EVERYTHING is fascinating.

-Ray

BlairMacKay

Mu-43 Regular
Great stuff and very interesting. It is weird to see colour photos from that far back. My eyes are so used to the old black and white images.

Thanks for sharing!

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
this was a great set of photos to look through. really fascinating. not to mention some really good skills have been put into these shots. beautiful works

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
I love old photos in general....especially just plain old "slice of life" snapshots like these. What really strikes me about them is the work I go to to make my photos look like this (color-wise) and they get it straight out of the camera....LOL.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom