1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Amazon UK - SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity Card, 16GB, 30MB/s, £15.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Justified_Sinner, Mar 18, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    They have it on the U.S. store as well for $29.01

2. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Its also worth noting that from the UK site some of people (me included) have received the faster 45MB/s Extreme Pro version, not the 30MB/s as advertised. Even better value if that happens, I think. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Woo! Hope mine is!

4. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    • Like Like x 1
  5. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

You can buy *TWO* 16 GB SDHC cards for £16.49 from 7dayshop.com. The cards are also Class 10 so should be significantly faster. You can buy from their website or via their eBay shop. I have dealt with them for over a decade without problems.

7dayshop.com - Online Store
    7dayshop Professional High-Speed SDHC Memory Card - 16GB - Class 10 | eBay

6. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    Have you used 7DayShop cards for 10 years without problems? You must be lucky. I do buy a fair bit of stuff from 7Dayshop but not had as much luck with their own brand memory. I lost some holiday snaps due to an issue with their card. They replaced the card but we never managed to get all the photos back. The missus has never forgiven me for it, hence why I prefer branded stuff...

7. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    I've used 7 Day shop for many years without issue until I purchased their own brand SD cards. I've been through 3 so far and none of them have lasted more than 5 months with each failure resulting in the loss of a days worth of photo's.
    They may well be good cards and I've just been unlucky, but I'm not going to take that chance again. I'm going to stick with Sandisk and Lexar from now on as I've not had either brands fail on me yet and I've got cards that are over 6 years old.

8. Bizzarrini

Bizzarrini Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Same here, i bought two and also got the 45MB/S version! Thanks for the tip!

9. cedge

cedge New to Mu-43

Mar 31, 2012
    Dorset, UK
    The price has gone up in the UK to about £17. I purchased the 8Gb for £10 instead.

10. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    I ordered one last week on the off chance at £17.
    Received it yesterday and it was the 45MB/s one - woohoo!
    Only problem is that it wont work with the built in reader on my laptop. Works fine with a USB reader and in the camera.
    Did some tests and definitely faster than the 8GB Panasonic Gold Class 10 camera that I currently have.

Went to order another and the price was back down to £15.39 again!

• Like Like x 1
  11. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    Ok - manually updated the driver on my laptop (the system update tool did not report an update available) and the Sandisk 45Mb/s card is now being read by the built in card reader. I get the following interesting results with H2testw v1.4

Sandisk 45MB/s card:
    Writing speed: 30.7 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 36.4 MByte/s

Panasonic Gold Class 10
    Writing speed: 12.1 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 19.6 MByte/s

I bought the Panasonic cards direct from Amazon UK so I would imagine they are genuine cards and I have been using them fine for nearly a year.

Still, cant believe the difference in performance!!

EDIT: Received the 2nd one I ordered - a 45MB/s one again!

12. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Now down to £13.28 on amazon UK (just bought one).