Amazon Sandisk SD card deals - US too

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zettapixel, Apr 2, 2012.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY today's deal has Sandisk SDHC Class 10 cards:
    16GB = $17.99
    32GB = $29.99
    64GB = $57.99

All seem to be good deals...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Great deal. Just got the 32GB.
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Heads up: Ultra cards are not Extreme cards. These Ultra cards kinda suck, and write slower than my basic Transcend class 10.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks for that info. I was thinking of the Extreme when I ordered it. I checked my old SD card and it was Extreme. I hope they can still cancel it.
  5. tadzima

tadzima Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 26, 2010
    United States - Alaska
    Best Buy has the Extreme 16GB on sale for for $24.99.
  6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    It looks as though the current ultra cards have been partially bumped up to the previous extreme specs - 30mbs read, but only 6mb write - unless you're the type to fill your raw buffers to overflowing, the ultras should serve most peoples needs quite well.

The extremes are now 45mb/s, but the one I'm looking at on my desk here is only 30 - bought in september last year and paid about $35 for it, works great. I stocked up, I've been selling a few bodies and including cards with them, so supplies are getting low!

When I get the om-d I will use my eye-fi in conjunction with a 32gb ultra card in my android phone, and a new 32gb ultra card in my K-5. Also bought a 64gb card to pair with my alienware m11x which is currently a little maxed out with a 64gb ssd - should be plenty of storage for traveling on all but longer trips.