1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Amazon Sandisk SD card deals - US too

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zettapixel, Apr 2, 2012.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Amazon.com today's deal has Sandisk SDHC Class 10 cards:
    16GB = $17.99
    32GB = $29.99
    64GB = $57.99

All seem to be good deals...

• Like Like x 1
  2. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Great deal. Just got the 32GB.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Heads up: Ultra cards are not Extreme cards. These Ultra cards kinda suck, and write slower than my basic Transcend class 10.

• Like Like x 1
  4. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks for that info. I was thinking of the Extreme when I ordered it. I checked my old SD card and it was Extreme. I hope they can still cancel it.

5. tadzima

tadzima Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 26, 2010
    United States - Alaska
    Best Buy has the Extreme 16GB on sale for for $24.99.

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    It looks as though the current ultra cards have been partially bumped up to the previous extreme specs - 30mbs read, but only 6mb write - unless you're the type to fill your raw buffers to overflowing, the ultras should serve most peoples needs quite well.

The extremes are now 45mb/s, but the one I'm looking at on my desk here is only 30 - bought in september last year and paid about $35 for it, works great. I stocked up, I've been selling a few bodies and including cards with them, so supplies are getting low!

When I get the om-d I will use my eye-fi in conjunction with a 32gb ultra card in my android phone, and a new 32gb ultra card in my K-5. Also bought a 64gb card to pair with my alienware m11x which is currently a little maxed out with a 64gb ssd - should be plenty of storage for traveling on all but longer trips.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.