Amazon Prime Day purchases ?

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'd say over half of my smaller Amazon Prime things come via USPS. Most of Sunday deliveries are USPS too. Some start out FedEx or UPS, but once at the Los Angeles hub they hand off to USPS. I suspect FedEx and UPS do the air portion, but then move to USPS when nearby for small items.

My issue with USPS is that different mail carriers sometimes drop things at the wrong house. However, their tracking number gets posted quickly, often <3-4 minutes, so I know something should be here. If it isn't I can run them down in their route and ask "Shows delivered at mailbox, but I don't see it" and they backtrack and find it. If it happens with the big guys, they are gone and package may be gone too if they drop it elsewhere. They get the number right, but have issues with street endings like Place, Street, Avenue, Blvd, Circle, Drive, Etc.

None of them stick around long enough to sign for the item now. They may ask for your name while standing 10 feet away and then run. Probablv covid directions.
Interesting. I'm in the LA area and basically never receive my Amazon packages via USPS. It's always ups, FedEx, or Amazon's contracted drivers.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
I took a quick look on Amazon US and didn't see anything that warranted my credit card. They had some Rokinon lenses on sale, but nah. They have very few Olympus things on sale. Not looking to buy a new TV yet either. Sounds like other Amazon stores had more interesting deals.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was looking at a few items, none of which dropped in priced. Mostly don't need them, but if the price DROPPED low enough, like some of the crazy stuff last year.
BLH9 - battery grip for the EM1-mk2​
EM1-mk3​
100-400​
60 macro​
Nothing else was interesting enough, and I went to sleep.

Last edited:

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
Sometimes it's worth to have a look at the Warehouse Deals section of Amazon on Prime Day/Black Friday/Cyber Monday since selected items get an additional discount of 20%. I usually make a list of things I want to get and then try to swap up some "like new" or "very good" items... I have not really bought any camera related items except for two 64gb sd cards this time, but some airpods pro as "very good" from amazon.fr for about 150 € incl. shipping to Germany (fortunately the earbuds can be fully detached and cleaned in case they do not come as advertised xD).

Also websites like topcashback.com or shoop.de (in Germany) usually synch their promo days with any major sales like cyber week or prime day. So I hope shoop tracked the 5% cashback on my ebay.de purchase on an used sigma 18-35 lens (just folling around). Ah and I did buy a Viltrox ef-m2ii speedbooster off amazon.co.uk for about 130 € incl. shipping I just remembered lol :whistling:...

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The camera/photo offerings were pretty slim, maybe some were sold out by the time I checked the deals. Quite a few other vendors like Adorama were offering price matching deals.

I ended up buying a NAS enclosure and some high capacity drives to replace my aging Apple Time Capsule. Saved about $250.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
What was the final price?
I got one of those tiny ones, but from Samsung.
512GB only, I was too stingy for the larger ones.
£110. I’d been tracking the 512GB version for some time and that was reduced too but I opted for a bit more storage to reduce the number of devices I use. I guess the salesman won but I’ll keep telling myself I won a little bit too.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Genuine question: Does Amazon even use USPS for shipments? I thought they used a mix of UPS / FedEx / their own shipping to get from warehouse to delivery point and then an Amazon driver finishes the delivery. Have they changed something recently?
Oh no they do use USPS mostly he in our area. We get daily deliveries from Amazon, mostly USPS.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom