1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Amazon is Losing It! - GM1 in stock

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Edsiajb, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Edsiajb

Edsiajb Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    GM1 is in stock on Amazon BUT they are not going to ship my order until Dec 11? I placed my pre-order on October 17 - the day of the official GM1 announcement. And yes, these in stock cameras are being sold by Amazon - not a 3rd party seller.

So Amazon's promise that the pre-orders will be filled on a first-come first-served basis is simply NOT TRUE!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It certainly should be first come first served, but in my experience it never has been that way. Pre-ordering seems to to be a crap shoot with Amazon and pretty much all the big stores for that matter. Very frustrating!

3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    This can not be true. Amazon is perfect and Bezos is a god. Ok, amazon does suck for pre-order. Amazon is still perfect. Ok, amazon does systematically overcharge on sales commissions. Amazon is still sucking perfect. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edsiajb

Edsiajb Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    I have ordered a lot of my gear from Amazon but was unaware of their FALSE promises and policy regarding pre-orders. So frustrating. I sent them a complaint an I promptly received a canned reply...no surprise.

5. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Cancel and reorder. Maybe you'll go to the head of the line.

6. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    Yevgen
    Can it be that there is a queue of preorders? However that would mean hundreds of people pre-ordered it the same day you did, which doesn't sound realistic.

7. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Take a deep breath. You are taking this a bit personally. Pre-release orders are a gamble. One never really knows when a new camera will ship - just look at all the threads about waiting for Godot. I'm more surprised that Amazon and Roberts have cameras before the release date. That is odd. Amazon's computers are not smart enough to allocate your pre-order to an unusual availability. Big deal. It isn't personal.

Like Peter said, if you just can't wait, order one of the in-stocks and cancel the other order. What's that - 10 mouse clicks at most?

8. Edsiajb

Edsiajb Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    I don't like to "gamble"....so what is the point of a pre-order? And what is the point of Amazon's promise/policy that pre-orders will be filled first? I believe in honoring your promise, and I probably get a little aggrevated when a company, with which I have conducted a high $ volume of business, breaks their promise.

If I hadn't accidentally stumbled upon the fact that they had them in stock I would not have known. I expect the largest retailer in the world to have "smarter computers" (and yes, I work in the design of IT systems which are used globally in critical environments).

I did cancel and re-order, but from another seller.

9. Fran Guidry

Fran Guidry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2013
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Fran Guidry
    Perhaps Amazon is honoring Panasonic's official release date while the other retailers are jumping the gun?

Fran

10. Edsiajb

Edsiajb Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    No, Amazon was selling them yesterday....they were honoring nothing.

11. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    The Panasonic GM1 preorder from Amazon arrival date is this Saturday!

12. Edsiajb

Edsiajb Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    Enjoy it...it's a great camera - I'm having trouble putting mine down!

13. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I ordered a few items from Amazon two weeks ago and have yet to receive them. I'm a Prime member and yet my new (in stock) EF 40 2.8 STM was out the gate very slowly, taking nearly a week to leave the warehouse and is still out there in USPS land. Normally it ships the next day and takes 2 or 3 days in transit for USPS. On the other hand, I ordered something from an Amazon vender at the same time and received it two days later via USPS. So I'm guessing Amazon is struggling to keep up right now due to extreme high volume.

14. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Yup...I just happened to check and realized they were in stock...so I cancelled my pre-order and re-ordered and should have it on Saturday...

15. mattphoto

mattphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    New York
    I'm so tempted to order, but i really want an all-black one.. any word on USA getting black?!? It's making me crazy.

16. Edsiajb

Edsiajb Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2013
    No word on black in USA. I ordered mine (in black) from Hong Kong (I am in USA). It shipped Fedex on Thursday and I had it Friday morning...gotta love that! The black is very nice...