Amazon has the GX7 down to $729. Incredible........

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by arg245, Dec 22, 2013.

1. arg245

arg245 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 25, 2012
    South Florida
    <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E87OK84/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00E87OK84&linkCode=as2&tag=captinlighpho-20">Panasonic LUMIX GX7 16.0 MP DSLM Camera with Tilt-Live Viewfinder - Body Only (Silver)</a>[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Actually that's Sammy's (Marketplace vender). Amazon proper is $771, still almost free compared to a couple months ago.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Jeez and I was happy to get one for $850. This always seems to happy with Pany bodies. In a year they'll be $299...

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  4. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I've seen the opposite happen. I repeatedly seen Pany bodies revert to full or near full retail price after Christmas and to stay high through the spring and summer. So savvy shoppers should buy the GX7 now and then resell it next summer for near or maybe even a little above what they paid.

5. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Panasonic has crazier pricing than the airlines

6. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    'revert back..go up'? ive never seen the price of a non leica digicam ever go up. maybe i'm just not lookin in the right places...):

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    The price of the GX7 as already gone up and down this fall, as special pricing deals came and went.

I got mine (all black) a few weeks ago for a net of $753 after sale pricing, a 5% discount for using B&H's mobile app (and paying with Google Wallet), and selling the kit lens for $100. Not quite as good as $729, but I think an extra $24 for the all black body was worth it.

8. Artorius

Artorius Mu-43 Regular

Back last year the Panasonic GH2 dipped sharply in price to the point where I bought mine for $470. However, it got as high as $600 a couple months ago, and that was for used bodies! So I definitely see the trend M4/3 is talking about.

9. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the GH bodies have behaved differently than all other Panasonic cameras in terms of price. I thought the GX7 would be different than previous non-GHs, and it may still be, but the current pricing does make me wonder.

10. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    The GX1 dropped to crazy pricing this year, but soon as stocks had cleared in the US the price everywhere else has sat stable much higher, I think its you guys more than anything else, Pana US seems to go on happy pills regularly! :biggrin: