Amazon Goldbox Deal of the Day - Sandisk Memory

Real Name
Chris
I have this same Sandisk extreme card and it is fast. I used to use a 16GB class 10 card (the non-UHS) and I recently tried the sandisk extreme rated at 45 (same as Amin listed).

I did not time anything directly but I found the write speeds and recovery times noticeably faster.

One quantitative test which I repeated twice was simply to hold down the shutter on rapid fire until the camera choked out on the data. With the Class 10 card, it took about 18 photos before slowing down. With the new sandisk extreme, It took about double or 36 photos before slowing down. Recovery time to shoot again was faster too.

All on the E-PM2.

I don't know if you need the speed but this card is faster than the older class 10 cards. Highly reccomend at this price....

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just ordered the 32GB extreme card. I have a standard class 10 right now, and during bursts there is an annoying delay writing from the buffer to the card. I'll probably keep the old card as a backup or stick it in a P&S.

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mikey
Can someone point me in the direction of where to get sturdy, not too thick, external casings for these SSDs? Thanks!

Ranger Rick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rick
Thanks, Amin. Ordered two 32 gb. Any day I can get improved memory is a good one!

Student93

New to Mu-43
yea quite impressed how fast the price of ssds are dropping. i remember buying one 1.5 years ago got a 64 gb ssd for $64 dollars. At that time it was unheard of because ssds usually go at around $2.4/gb. I think its time for an upgrade :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom