1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Amazon Gold Box Deal of the Day: Crucial SSDs, Lexar Thumb Drives

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    No single laptop/desktop upgrade has revived my aging machines as much as going from a regular hard drive to an SSD.

Crucial makes great SSDs, and Amazon has them on sale today. $165 for a 256GB Crucial SSD. Highly recommended.

The flash (thumb) drives make for a nice redundant backup strategy when on the road, and $39.99 is the lowest price I've seen for a 64GB USB 3 flash drive. Lexar is a reliable memory brand as well.

Direct link: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1000816791&linkCode=ur2&tag=amipho-20">Amazon Gold Box</a>https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=amipho-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1000816791&linkCode=ur2&tag=amipho-20"][ATTACH=full]229567[/ATTACH][/URL]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Thanks! Picked up a couple of SSDs. I assume you put your affiliate code in the link above?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redibo

Redibo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Christoffer
    Damn, wish I lived in the states...

4. AlanU

AlanU Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2012
    i tend to go with 520 series intel, corsair which are known extremely reliable ssd. Down the list I will use kingston hyper x (blue version not 3k version), and slower sandisk extreme. Avoid 0cz ssd like the plague.

I dont fully trust ssd but I use them.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    When I bought mine at Microcenter, I asked for a recommendation and he said no question crutial - that was just earlier this year and it works like a charm...less than 8 months ago I paid $120...for a 64gb drive! The cost of these has plummeted and they will breathe life into a tired old PC, definitely worth the (very reasonable these days) expense.

6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Today's Gold box Deal was an Oly XZ-1 black for $249. I got one. Didn't need it, but always liked it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.